Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting on my own (am I mad)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hairextension
    Participant
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi all my name is Michelle and I am from Dublin Ireland. I have arrived in Australia and loving everything about this country.I have a small family and want to be at home more so I have decided to try and find out as much information as I can about setting up my own Hair Extension business.Applying and Trading my products.

I have received some emails already Thank you to everyone for being so supportive there is alot to think about and do.
    I will start looking into to the information I have received

Thanks

Michelle

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and welcome to Australia :)

You’ll find lots of helpful information and knowledgeable people around here, so I hope your questions are all answered for you. Please feel free to start a new thread with any specific queries you need help with.

All the best,
    Jayne

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi Michelle,

Hairdressing seems to attract a lot of business, especially if it is mobile (you going to clients’ homes). I have a few clients who have mobile hairdressing businesses and they are making a killing (brides is a biggy) and have such flexible hours that allows them to spend more time with their families. They also add nails as a supplement service. And they have almost no overheads as they do not need to pay rent for premises or electricity or anything that involves brick and mortar.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Yes you’re mad! But there are lots of us here to support you :)

It’s nice to meet you and I wish you all the best with your new business.

Cheers,

Matt

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Sounds like a great idea… You should also look into building relationships with photographers in your area. They often look for beauty professionals for shoots and get asked for recommendations by brides (pre-wedding) – I know, my wife is a photographer and she has a number of makeup artists and hairdressers she recommends.

Hope this helps :)

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    hairextension, post: 120510 wrote:
    Hi all my name is Michelle and I am from Dublin Ireland. I have arrived in Australia and loving everything about this country.I have a small family and want to be at home more so I have decided to try and find out as much information as I can about setting up my own Hair Extension business.Applying and Trading my products.

I have received some emails already Thank you to everyone for being so supportive there is alot to think about and do.
    I will start looking into to the information I have received

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle – I am from Athlone and have been here years. Welcome to Australia. And yes you are totally bonkers but if you enjoy it and it gives you more time at home with the kids – go for it girl!

AussiePin.com.au
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Dear Michelle,

Welcome to the forum. Being mad and being called mad are 2 different thing lol (you would rather be called mad).

Welcome to Australia, and hope you learn more about the business you’re considering, I suggest a business plan.

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.