Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting up pet supplies business!

• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ruthfromsydney
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

As the title says it all :) I am going to start my online pet supplies business soon. I will begin by drop shopping from http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/c/pet-supplies/ until I make decent to buy things in bulk. If you happen to know of any wholesalers who can drop ship around the Sydney area, please let me know.

Thanks,
    RC

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi RC,

Welcome to the forum. I don’t know any drop-shippers but just wanted to let you know that the market is saturated with online shops selling pet suppies. Check out what the prices are first and see if it is worth it. I know someone who started out some time ago and instead of competing with everyone online she started selling at local markets and is very happy. She says that if it’s in people’s face it is more likely they will buy from you. She sells a lot of treats and toys.

tkc2012
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I’m with Monika.

I’m sure you could carve out a niche online, it’s just that you’ll need to spy a viable gap first. Thus, I wouldn’t go down the dropshipping path – to me it spells low-quality. Perhaps consider the contrary – hand-wrapped products, super dooper customer service, etc.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ruth,

Congratulations on making the decision to move ahead with your new business, and welcome to Flying Solo. :)

I hope you enjoy being part of our community and that you pick up some thought-provoking ideas like those already supplied by Monika and tkc2012.

All the best for your new venture, however you decide to proceed.

Jayne

Gordan
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Ive actually looked into this before, but opted out of it because the market is littered with competition. There is so many online stores now offering the same stuff. Do your research carefully.

asafkatz
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ruthfromsydney, post: 130137, member: 40336 wrote:
    As the title says it all :) I am going to start my online pet supplies business soon. I will begin by drop shopping from http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/c/pet-supplies/ until I make decent to buy things in bulk. If you happen to know of any wholesalers who can drop ship around the Sydney area, please let me know.

Thanks,
    RC
    Hey RC,
    I’m stumbling upon your post with like a 4 years delay and wondering how did you go? did you end up launching your store? and if so – what did you learn?

Charliebean
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

I would love to know if you proceeded as well?

edwood7
    Up

I used myshipper.com.au and they were great : )

discountpetsupplies
    Participant
    Up

Hi, did you use them to dropship products and were they reliable, good customer service etc?
    Thanks

HenryPeter
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

All the best! Where are you going to set up your new business?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I hope you enjoy being part of our community and that you pick up some thought-provoking ideas like those already supplied by Monika and tkc2012.

I hope you will enjoy business community. You will get many ideas at google but i will suggest wholesale challenge coins and hat you pick up some thought-provoking ideas like those already supplied by Monika and tkc2012.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.