Home – New Forums Starting your journey Startups in Hobart- HomeBiz Connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Foody
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I am going along to this, and thought it may be of interest to any other start-ups. Its on Thursday the 21st of Feb.

HomeBiz-Connect

HomeBiz Connect is a series of expos and informative talks helping the start
    up and home business community.

HomeBiz Connect will introduce you to what is involved in running a business and will connect you up to a range of low-cost and no-cost business advisory services.

Professionals will be on hand to answer all sorts of questions from tax to record keeping. They will also be able to advise you how to find people who can help you develop a business plan and understand what it takes to run a small business.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi foody,

Great to hear you’re attending this – it sounds like a fantastic day.

There are a few more details in this thread, including a promotional code that gets Flying Solo members two tickets for the price of one! :)

Have a great time,
    Jayne

Foody
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Just an update on the HomeBiz-Connect expo that I attended in Hobart this week.

I must say I was impressed with this event. Being able to meet and talk to various government departments and business assistance programs was very valuable.

Unfortuantly I couldn’t stay for too long as I had other commitments on the day. But even being able to talk to representatives from ASIC, the ATO, Consumer affairs, NBN and a few of the other small business owners made ithe time worth while.

If you can get along I would really recommend at least visitng each of the stalls and having a chat. It really helped encourage me and helped to give me some confidence in my business ideas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.