Home – New Forums Logistics Stating a import business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alpargatas Argentinas
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

hi I´m actually doing a Master in MAnagement and i´m interested oin importing shoes from argentina to Sydney. Where can a find help to find out where to pick up products, ABN number info, can I be a sole trader having a student Visa?

Suggestions and info is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Martin

davidg
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi,
    take a look at http://www.business.gov.au and give them a call.

With student Visa’s you can only work 20 hrs a week, although I’m not sure how they could enforce that if it’s your own business.

Good luck with getting the biz off the ground !

supplychain
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    Alpargatas Argentinas, post: 68913 wrote:
    hi I´m actually doing a Master in MAnagement and i´m interested oin importing shoes from argentina to Sydney. Where can a find help to find out where to pick up products, ABN number info, can I be a sole trader having a student Visa?

Suggestions and info is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Martin

Martin, unsure if you are still interested but can certainly help you out with yr project, please feel free to contact me on 04 0547 5533 Martin is my name as well. I run my own freight forwarding company and we do several shipments from South America. Good luck & looking forward hearing from you soon.
    Regards, Martin

lazarofa
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi, I am also looking into starting an import business specifically fashion handbags and accessories from Argentina too.

Have you started your business?

supplychain, post: 83829 wrote:
    Martin, unsure if you are still interested but can certainly help you out with yr project, please feel free to contact me on 04 0547 5533 Martin is my name as well. I run my own freight forwarding company and we do several shipments from South America. Good luck & looking forward hearing from you soon.
    Regards, Martin
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.