Home – New Forums Other discussions Stop boiling the kettle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

and then not making tea!

Someone just did a Seinfeld, one of those things I do every day and never really thought about until someone brings it up.

petercrocker
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Thanks Adam,
    Surprisingly it seems quite a few people seem to do it, I thought perhaps it was just me. Would you believe I’ve already done it twice on my first day back from hols :)

For those who missed it, “Stop boiling the kettle and then not making tea” was one of Flying Solo’s 11 1/2 resolutions to break in 2009.

There’s also a good thread just started up on New Year’s action items for these turbulent times

Have a great year!

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

I do this often – though to my defence, my kids often distract me half way through! Hang on, though, most of the time they’re not even here….hmmmm! lol

It was definately something I hadn’t thought about much until it was pointed out.

Melissa

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

I am a coffee drinker, rather than a tea drinker and have converted my English husband much to his Mum’s disgust!

My problem isn’t that I boil the kettle and then forget about it. I manage to prepare my coffee but it is often luke warm (yech!) before I get around to drinking it. Either because I’m talking too much, or because I’m distracted by the children, or I’m distracted with work or all of the above.

My husband gets frustrated with me because he goes out of his way to lovingly make me a cuppa and then it goes luke warm before I start drinking it. Being so used to me by now he tends to give me periodic reminders to drink my coffee, it is quite amusing really.

edenhireahubby
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

ill take this one at a philasophical level

my name is Eden , i am a one finger typist with average spelling and grammar, ( sorry folks )

ive been a hire a hubby for 13 months and am loving it but as its my first year pretty well im still trying madly to organise myself and retrain myself

the ammount of times i do all the groundwork to organise something and forget or fail to follow through with implementing it frustrates me to no end

and its my own fault!

a typical example

—- i now have a shiny new mobile eftpos machine on my desk sitting next to me at the moment

i organised it
    i got the best deal around
    i can now obtain payment when my clients forget to get cash for me
    its the bees knees

but do you think ive worked out how to use it yet ?????

well im marching into the ANZ bank on monday for some free tutoring as the 10 mins they gave me was not good enough when they dropped the eftpos at my door

so monday im making the tea

but im still boiling that damn kettle

cheers eden

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Strange how one forgets to make something like coffee or tea.
    Ever thought you had boiled the billy and made coffee……………..cold water coffee………….. YUK………………..I seem to do this often. So its not an age thing then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.