Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Story of My Dream

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TaskQuick
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi all Solo-Flyers,

I’ve been following FlyingSolo for quite some time on facebook, I must admit that for some reason it never occurred to me that there must be a website for it as well. so googled, and surely, there it was.

I am a bit of a dreamer, but one that can’t sleep until I find a way to make it happen. Like many with website ideas, I had a little idea of my own for quite some time, may be 3-4 years now, and looking around to pair with a developer to see if we can make it happen. tried many ways, and in the end all options failed. So I was left with two choices, either leave it and move on, or take the matter into my own hands and roll my sleeves up to learn some good ol’ IT.

After many many many hours of searching, reading, learning and practicing and testing… I finally made it and launched the website I was dreaming of a couple of weeks ago. super super excited about it. I learned so much a long the way though, that would have not been possible if I didn’t take the first step and the risk.

Although being super excited though, I am still wondering how does my idea fit the current lifestyle of Australians. Having to joggle work, life, kids etc. I found I am spending awful amount of time during a week doing things someone else probably can do much faster and better than me. You know, things like:

* finding a better price online,
    * finding information online,
    * doing phone follow ups
    * making booking and reservations,
    etc.

So I created this website marketplace to use the momentum in the sharing economy to let people who have the skills to come and provide the service on a fixed price per task and pay-per-task basis so it is also affordable for the average Australians like myself. I figured small businesses may be able to occasionally benefit from it as well. what was important for me was it sources VAs from Australia only so English is not an issue. Here’s a video I created to explain the concept.

Would be great to benefit from the collective wisdom of the forum to give me a critique of the website and the service and to know simply if I am making any sense:)

Can’t wait to learn from you all here and share experiences.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=105021]@TaskQuick[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting today.

I love the name you chose and good luck with your platform!!

Cheers

TaskQuick
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 256064, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=105021]@TaskQuick[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting today.

I love the name you chose and good luck with your platform!!

Cheers

Thanks Paul for the welcome note. great to be here.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Sounds like an interesting twist in the very busy tasker type market place. If you are offering a fixed price per task, how do you get around the VA stopping when they think they are done based on time spent rather than best attempt done to fulfill the task. There is often a tricky line between how long a task should take / cost versus the reality :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

My big question is could anyone really perform any of the listed tasks in 7 minutes and actually do a good job of the task..

An example ”finding the best schools, putting you on waiting lists”, can you really do this in 7 minutes, to me it’s a good couple of hours task as a minimum.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Yes more to my point Bert!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.