Home – New Forums Marketing mastery strategic alliances

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    newstart
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Being new to business I would love some advice on developing some strategic alliances. As a Health and Wellness Coach, I am a little unsure as to what I can actually offer those businesses who may refer to me eg hairdressers, dayspas etc. I am very quickly learning by reading info on this site and other places that I shouldn’t discount my services. I need to prequalify my prospective clients (I have a system in place for this, so that I don’t waste others time and they don’t waste my time), so don’t really want to give away a free consultation, just in case they cannot afford my services. I’m a bit stuck.
    One of my services is called Grocery Guru, which involves taking people grocery shopping to educate them about healtheir food choices. I do thisin groups and as individuals. Not sure if I should give these away either because what if they don’t convert to a coaching client, which is where my main income will be coming from.
    Any ideas? Want to do something to that will increase my chances of prospects becoming clients.
    Thanks

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Okay, you’ve got two questions there.

Question 1: How to reward referrals.

I do a referral fee – 20% on work, 30% on events. I’ve structured this fee into my pricing so that I don’t miss out on my own cash flow. And people LOVE referring other people to me, because they know they’ll get cold, hard cash out of it. It’s very important to pay your referral fees promptly, so that you get a reputation as someone who pays … that makes people want to help you even more.

Question 2: Is really about your sales funnel.

You need to sit down and figure out exactly how your sales funnel works. Draw a diagram of each step of the sales process to see the steps people take from first hearing about you to paying you and becoming your clients. If you don’t know yet – guess.

Without a structure behind it, you’re flying blind and you’ll only have accidental, moderate success.

Once you have this figured out, the next steps become obvious and getting people into your business and having them become clients becomes a PROCESS instead of a scary, fingers crossed hope-cess (hey, I just made that up – how cool is that! I am so trademarking it … ).

So, you really need to tell us what the next step is … do you have a couple of clients already? What process did they go through to become clients? What information did they need? What did you need to tell them?

Once you’ve figured that out I would normally suggest putting it into a report or audio, because then you don’t need to take them through it – instead, they can sign up and automatically receive the info they need to become clients …

Man – sales funnel automation is SO sexy!

:)

newstart
    Up
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 4810 wrote:
    Okay, you’ve got two questions there.

Question 1: How to reward referrals.

I do a referral fee – 20% on work, 30% on events. I’ve structured this fee into my pricing so that I don’t miss out on my own cash flow. And people LOVE referring other people to me, because they know they’ll get cold, hard cash out of it. It’s very important to pay your referral fees promptly, so that you get a reputation as someone who pays … that makes people want to help you even more.

Question 2: Is really about your sales funnel.

You need to sit down and figure out exactly how your sales funnel works. Draw a diagram of each step of the sales process to see the steps people take from first hearing about you to paying you and becoming your clients. If you don’t know yet – guess.

Without a structure behind it, you’re flying blind and you’ll only have accidental, moderate success.

Once you have this figured out, the next steps become obvious and getting people into your business and having them become clients becomes a PROCESS instead of a scary, fingers crossed hope-cess (hey, I just made that up – how cool is that! I am so trademarking it … ).

So, you really need to tell us what the next step is … do you have a couple of clients already? What process did they go through to become clients? What information did they need? What did you need to tell them?

Once you’ve figured that out I would normally suggest putting it into a report or audio, because then you don’t need to take them through it – instead, they can sign up and automatically receive the info they need to become clients …

Man – sales funnel automation is SO sexy!

:)

Thanks Leela..
    The second part I am OK with as far as my process goes. It’s more the reciprocal system between me and other businesses I was thinking about.

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

I had a ‘light bulb’ moment right here:

4807 wrote:
    One of my services is called Grocery Guru, which involves taking people grocery shopping to educate them about healtheir food choices. I do this in groups and as individuals.

Quality gyms (not the Curves sort) and personal trainers would have clients that are just the sort to benefit from your Grocery Guru service. Heck, if they are committed to increasing their fitness, and therefore their overall health, they are likely to need advice on making the best choices in the supermarket.

Heidi

newstart
    Up
    Heidi Price, post: 4828 wrote:
    I had a ‘light bulb’ moment right here:

Quality gyms (not the Curves sort) and personal trainers would have clients that are just the sort to benefit from your Grocery Guru service. Heck, if they are committed to increasing their fitness, and therefore their overall health, they are likely to need advice on making the best choices in the supermarket.

Heidi

Thanks Heidi…I have started to do this with one business and am considering the same with others. Thanks for the confirmation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.