Home – New Forums Starting your journey Student Survey – QR Codes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paj
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I am studying for Cert IV Small Business and I have to conduct a survey for my business plan. My business is QR Codes. For those who have never seen one they look like this:
    flyingsolo.png
    They make any one dimensional paper marketing material (brochures,business cards, etc) into interactive marketing using smartphones.
    What I need to quickly survey is:
    1. Have you heard of or seen these codes?
    2. If yes, have you used these codes?
    3. Having used them, can you see a benefit to your business with the direct, targeted, FREE and unlimited marketing potential?
    4. All smartphones can read these codes but the older ones cannot. Do you see this as an issue to my business? Please explain why.
    5. If I was to show you how your business can get the full benefit of using QR Codes with this form of marketing, how much would you expect to pay for my service in training you in the implementation of QR Codes?

Thank you all for helping me.

Regards
    Peter

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

YES! I tried getting Nokia to include the readers on their phones about four years ago. Telstra now has them on their phones, but their business plan for it sucks, the team had no experience dealing with business…. ho hum

2. If yes, have you used these codes? Not directly but…

3. Having used them, can you see a benefit to your business with the direct, targeted, FREE and unlimited marketing potential?
    They have HUGE potential. Again they are not being marketed correctly.. in fact I might go and make one now for a product I have….. Here also is a small case study – food origins can be put onto all manner of fresh produce. Also bus timetables, video downloads, receipes ..the list is endless. Go beyond just direct marketing, to also thinking about consumer relationship building…

4. All smartphones can read these codes but the older ones cannot. Do you see this as an issue to my business? Please explain why.
    To my understanding not all smartphones come with the scanner pre installed. Voda Optus…do they?? Smartphones account for what…37% of the market now and it is hard to get a phone these days that is not a smartphone…

5. If I was to show you how your business can get the full benefit of using QR Codes with this form of marketing, how much would you expect to pay for my service in training you in the implementation of QR Codes?
    Ha – good luck with that ;) It depends on the relationship you have with the client, retainer basis or…. For simple intro etc, maybe $100. This is where the model fails, you should be earning every time the code is scanned, but this is not the case. There was a very good model that was 25c per scan with profit share of that.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    Paj, post: 68302 wrote:
    No, never
    2. If yes, have you used these codes?
    N/A
    N/A
    I wouldn’t have thought it was an issue – people who use this technology generally stay up-to-date with their hardware, so I imagine very few would still be using an older smartphone.
    I would expect to pay around $120 per hour

Hope that helps!
    Wendy

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

1. Have you heard of or seen these codes? Yes
    2. If yes, have you used these codes?I set one up, it’s on my Facebook business page but nowhere else yet!
    3. Having used them, can you see a benefit to your business with the direct, targeted, FREE and unlimited marketing potential? Yes
    4. All smartphones can read these codes but the older ones cannot. Do you see this as an issue to my business? Please explain why. Probably not as I think my client base would keep up with current technology and so use smartphones
    5. If I was to show you how your business can get the full benefit of using QR Codes with this form of marketing, how much would you expect to pay for my service in training you in the implementation of QR Codes? No idea, sorry!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Paj

In our experience, you’ll get the best response to your survey if you set it up somewhere online (such as at http://www.surveymonkey.com/) and provide the link here.

People will find it easier to answer that way, and may be more inclined to respond when they’re anonymous.

Good luck with your research,
    Jayne

Paj
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi,

Thanks Jayne for the advise and have set up survey online.
    So if you can help me I would appreciate it

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3Q6Y8CQ

Regards
    Peter

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

My pleasure Paj.

Good luck with your research – I’ve filled out the survey.

Jayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.