Home – New Forums Starting your journey Subcontractor create Invoices to get paid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    smartbiz32
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Looking for some help as a subcontractor how do we create a fortnightly invoice for the hours we have worked?

Also is anybody offering a service to help run a small business like for someone to do the paper work or someone to set up the business side of things for a subcontractor?

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi Smart biz

I can help you if needed.

Quickbooks online is offering it’s basic invoicing and accounting package at up to $10 per month.

You are most welcome to talk to me how we can help you get setup with an attached payments service like paypal so you are easily paid each invoice cycle.

Please let me know?

Thanks

Steve

Caauug
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Ok: Likely not the best but back when I was doing requisitions and making sure my (sub) contactors we getting paid I had a copy of there invoice in word, I would ask how many hours they had done, check with my records, make out there invoice, send to there book keeper, receive in on PO.
    Not really my role but I needed them and they had to be paid. Need something done? Do it yourself!!! I did it on last day of pay period, I never had a subbie not show up because of no pay. All worked smooth.

Best to have invoice in PDF, depends on trust level.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

If you don’t want to go down an online option, the ATO has some examples of compliant invoices which you could grab a copy of and modify to suit your requirements.

Be very careful of accountants and others offering cheap online solutions through their business, as the ownership of the data can be an issue, and you may be tied into them, or have to pay to get out.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=113134]@smartbiz32[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

waveapps works very well for invoicing and it is fee but only handles Accrual Accounting not Cash Accounting.

If you do not know the difference between the 2 without having to Google it, I recommend seeking advice from an Accountant.

Cheers

ContentCreative
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Hi [USER=113134]@smartbiz32[/USER]

You may find some book-keeping services will also help with more general business setup. Also consider your account, of course.

As [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] suggests, if using an online account service, be careful of data ownership. I have heard of someone needing to pay an unscrupulous accountant a considerable amount of money to gain access to their own data.

What this means, however, is that you set up the account and then provide user access to your book-keeper/accountant rather than the other way around.

Pixelbay
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hey,
    I use square for all of my invoices. It’s an absolute lifesaver for me as I can generate one offs, recurring and even send reminders when it last due. I also have the hardware for square so I can process credit cards and transactions from my phone and iPad. Check it out at officeworks or just google square payments.

I hope this helps you!

Nate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.