Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Subscribes or Unsubscribes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    ::

I am curious to see what the Flying Solo community thinks.

Do you get hung up on the subscribers to your mailing list as well as the unsubscribes?

I know I love to see when I have new subscribers but as much as I try not to take it personally I still hate it when someone unsubscribes.

The option to not see who it was that unsubscribed is an option I would really like.

What do you think?

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Initially I did. But I’ve taken a step back recently and realised that there are a lot of people that stay on my list and like my posts and updates a lot. If people unsubscribe it’s because I’m not providing content that is relevant to them and I’d rather be relevant than annoying.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 195972 wrote:
    I am curious to see what the Flying Solo community thinks.

Do you get hung up on the subscribers to your mailing list as well as the unsubscribes?

I know I love to see when I have new subscribers but as much as I try not to take it personally I still hate it when someone unsubscribes.

The option to not see who it was that unsubscribed is an option I would really like.

What do you think?

Hi Kelly

Focus on the people who stay on your list and consume your wisdom, forget the rest. Either they didn’t realise what you offered, or are no longer interested. Either way, they should unsubscribe.

Jenny

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

You also need to consider all those people who are subscribed, but see your email and just hit delete without opening it.

I know I do that a lot, and than eventually a few months down the track I have a big cleanup day and any emails I get, get the unsubscribe treatment.

At a guestimate I have about 15 at the moment that just get deleted without been opened, I know my partner is in the same boat.

Having said that I may go do some unsubscribes.

PS. Just had a quick look at my deleted folder, interesting, 407 in there since the 22nd, and about 10% of them have been read. Definitely time for a clean out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.