Home – New Forums Other discussions Sudden Increase in Facebook stats?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    ::

Hi all. About 4 or 5 days ago I had a huge spike in my Facebook Page’s weekly reach stats – see image below.

FB_stats.jpg

I have no real idea why this great spike, but it seems to have been sustained the last 4 days straight. I’m not complaining but am definitely curious as to what may have led to this.

As far as I’m concerned my efforts haven’t changed that dramatically over the last week…

Look forward to any theories people have.

Thanks

Michael

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I can’t figure out Facebook from one day to the next to really offer a theory… but, what do the rest of your ‘insights’ tell you… If you look under the date line, where it lists your posts and then tells you how mean people it’s reached and what its ‘virality’ percentage is this might tell you whether there was particular posts on/around 28 June that were more widely received than normal? My ‘spikes’ seem to match up to posts that were read by more people than normal or shared or liked etc.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

HAHa Jacqui, I know what you mean. The insights only tell me that generally my posts (even on 28th June) reach between 100 and 300 people. Nothing jumps out at all as having gone viral… My suspicion is that the insights showing 30,000+ reach is an error :P Even though I hope they are right!

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I just had a little pop up thing on Facebook saying they’re changing how they calculate insights.. so that prob explains it :)

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Yeah it’s something to do with how they include the mobile stats or otherwise… Looking at your chart, it also strikes me as odd how perfectly even the numbers appear day to day…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.