Home – New Forums Tech talk SunShop shopping cart??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vacshop.com.au
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

hi guys, longtime lurker, ive just had SunShop shopping cart suggested to me as a new ecommerce setup and im interested if others have had any experience with it??
    http://www.turnkeywebtools.com/

i currently build my own small retail business site http://www.vacshop.com.au/ and im looking at what are my options for future developments to this side of my vacuum cleaner business online?

cheers

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I know one guy who was left hanging by the developers, Turnkey. While it seems good to start, the ongoing support may be lacking. This from a couple of years ago.

Maybe look at some of the free options.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I know one guy who was left hanging by the developers, Turnkey. While it seems good to start, the ongoing support may be lacking. This from a couple of years ago.

Maybe look at some of the free options.

businessinteractive
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    vacshop.com.au, post: 111612 wrote:
    hi guys, longtime lurker, ive just had SunShop shopping cart suggested to me as a new ecommerce setup and im interested if others have had any experience with it??

i currently build my own small retail business site http://www.vacshop.com.au/ and im looking at what are my options for future developments to this side of my vacuum cleaner business online?

cheers

My experience with choosing an inline store is that it is critical to find the right one as your choice of store will determine how much money you need to spend on SEO to get the sales you desire. The harder it is to edit the structure, elements and underlying code of a page the more you will spend on SEO. I took a look at your site and noticed that it is mostly a static site with a “call me to order” option. Rather than looking for an online store tool, find a developer that will build you a shopping cart to stick on your static site. This will give you the full benefits of an online checkout (Paypal to start with) without huge expense. The full access to the pages for editing due to SEO needs will save your thousands of dollars a year in SEO costs.

businessinteractive
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    vacshop.com.au, post: 111612 wrote:

cheers

My experience with choosing an inline store is that it is critical to find the right one as your choice of store will determine how much money you need to spend on SEO to get the sales you desire. The harder it is to edit the structure, elements and underlying code of a page the more you will spend on SEO. I took a look at your site and noticed that it is mostly a static site with a “call me to order” option. Rather than looking for an online store tool, find a developer that will build you a shopping cart to stick on your static site. This will give you the full benefits of an online checkout (Paypal to start with) without huge expense. The full access to the pages for editing due to SEO needs will save your thousands of dollars a year in SEO costs.

elliottbailey
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Hi, I can personally recommend shopify.com as a great platform. I had a client request a website in this format as she wanted to use a booking plugin that they have (I’m not attached to the website or receive any affiliate benefits from recommending this, I was just personally surprised that it was as good as it is.

The main stats:
    – $26 a month for <100 products
    – easy to build
    – great tech support. I logged an issue and someone jumped straight onto it which is one of the wonderful benefits of a paid monthly service
    – plenty of bolt-in apps to extend your functionality. The client I had wanted a booking system added to hers and this was possible through one of the apps.

I’d recommend giving this a go, as it’s quite straight forward to work out, and if you hit to many walls contact a developer to do it for you. (if you’ve just got a quick question here and there feel free to PM me as many changes are pretty simple to make).

All the best with your store!

elliottbailey
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Hi, I can personally recommend shopify.com as a great platform. I had a client request a website in this format as she wanted to use a booking plugin that they have (I’m not attached to the website or receive any affiliate benefits from recommending this, I was just personally surprised that it was as good as it is.

The main stats:
    – $26 a month for <100 products
    – easy to build
    – great tech support. I logged an issue and someone jumped straight onto it which is one of the wonderful benefits of a paid monthly service
    – plenty of bolt-in apps to extend your functionality. The client I had wanted a booking system added to hers and this was possible through one of the apps.

I’d recommend giving this a go, as it’s quite straight forward to work out, and if you hit to many walls contact a developer to do it for you. (if you’ve just got a quick question here and there feel free to PM me as many changes are pretty simple to make).

All the best with your store!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.