Home Forums Money matters Superannuation Funds & Which to choose?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mslodyczka
    • Total posts: 8

I’m looking to find a super fund to use as the default fund for our future employees, as well as for myself. Are there any that are significantly better / worse or is it all a much of a muchness?

Secondly, as a director drawing directors fees, is super compulsory?

Cheers!

nighttax
    • Total posts: 172

Most people will void answering this as to give a definitive answer one must have certain qualifications. However as general information – if you contact one of the industry funds, they will take you through the set up from start to finish.

nighttax
    • Total posts: 172
    mslodyczka, post: 220119, member: 70272 wrote:
    I’m looking to find a super fund to use as the default fund for our future employees, as well as for myself. Are there any that are significantly better / worse or is it all a much of a muchness?

Secondly, as a director drawing directors fees, is super compulsory?

Cheers!

Also yes super is legally required to be paid on directors fees. Even though many owners and accountants foolishly ignore it.

Sophie517
    • Total posts: 17

How many employees do you have? Under 19 or more?

If under 19, In general you can just give your employee a choice of funds form, and they will either give u their previous/existing superannuation details or they can nominate a fund. It’s not your responsibility.

For ease of management, businesses with more than 20 employees may take a more hands on approach, but even having said that, this is often outsourced to an Accountant or Financial planner who has access to the many funds available.

There won’t be a significantly good or bad fund. Each fund has multiple investment options based on the client’s risk profile, and of course fees. The default is a conservative investment approach, but people who care about what their super is doing may opt into a more aggressive or defensive investment portfolio within the same fund. Returns differ of course, high risk high returns/losses. Low risk, low returns/losses.

Blahish
    • Total posts: 29

Also to add there is a free service operated by the ato that allows you to pay different super funds with one payment.
    It’s called super clearing house.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.