Home – New Forums Starting your journey Surfboards-Australia start-up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Surfboards-Australia
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

With the help of Dane at SurfAus.com.au and Steve Del Rosso from Clearwater Surfboards we have gotten off the ground! (if only by an inch)

Take a look at the site HERE and have a browse of Steve’s boards. Some additions in the near future will be Grubb Surfboards, Len Dibben Surfboards and Huie Shapes.

If you know any shapers that are just starting off or are keen for exposure, let them know about the site, we would be happy to include them.

Just happy that I am now ‘open for business’. (and yes, I know that the site needs more pics on the home page, just be patient ;) )

Thanx, Alex.

Surfboards-Australia.com
    P: 0406624005
    E: [email protected]

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

Yes, you’re website needs a bit of a make over – but get the pressing business needs sorted out first and then get back to it.

good luck.

I’m a huge Drupal fan btw ;)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Alex,

Congratulations! You should be really proud of yourself – this is an awesome milestone for you!

Great news that you have extra suppliers coming on*board* too (sorry – can’t help myself sometimes!)

Hope you go from strength to strength and enjoy every moment!
    Jayne

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Hey Alex,

Congrats on the launch!

As was mention above, your site could really do with a makeover. I think surfboards, I think bright website, lots of whitespace, smooth flowing. But you gotta start somewhere, so doing a good job!

All the best.

Chris

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi Alex,
    congrats on the business. You’re doing well to have these suppliers already! Like the others have said, the website doesn’t match the market and I think that you’ll be turning away a lot of potential customers.

Have you though about using Facebook as part of your marketing? It would be worth reading my article on an online Snowboarding store and how they are utilising Facebook to build their business.

The articles at http://www.engagemarketing.com.au/blog/ if your interested (3rd one down at the moment I think, titled “A good example of a Small Business Facebook Campaign”.

Cheers

Scod
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

G’day mate, I’ve got a mate who takes surf photos, both from land and water shots, can put you in touch with him if you need images for the site.

I’m not sure how far into the process you are but I had a quick look in the shortboards area, you’ve got no standard shortboard between 6’0 and 6’5, I would have thought that about 90% of shortboards sold would fall into that size range.

As far as shapers go, get in touch with Haydenshapes at Mona Vale, he’s only been on the scene a short time and seems to be pretty innovative when it comes to new ways to get exposure.

Do you have anything in place to allow people to get custom boards, options for fin systems, things like that? Do you have any way to give buyers the option to choose shapers based on location and therefore shipping price?

Scod

Surfboards-Australia
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    mike@engagemarketing, post: 23118 wrote:
    Like the others have said, the website doesn’t match the market and I think that you’ll be turning away a lot of potential customers.

Hi guys, thanx for the feedback. You have said that the site doesn’t match the market, but from the feedback i have got from the surfing public is that its a good change from the cliche blues and whites of about every other site. But don’t think it’s going to be a keeper and I do know that not everyone visiting is a surfer, I’m still on the lookout for a better design.

Brad
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Talk to the person who runs Aquabumps. Almost without exception every photo on their site (including those which form core design) are stunning.

If you’re looking to make your website work for the business, you could do worse than to speak with them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.