Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Survey : What makes Australian Small Businesses succeed?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elim
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Greetings all.

I am a Masters student at the University of Melbourne currently doing research on the factors that influences the success or failures of new small companies / businesses operating in Australia. It is a long term dream of mine to one day begin my own business in Australia therefore this area is of much interest to me.

I was hoping I could get some insights from the community here through your experiences in the small business scene in Australia.

I would appreciate if the community could share their insights in this survey >>http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GNCDDWL<< that I have prepared. Any participation will be much appreciated and all response will be taken seriously. Thanks

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

done, good luck.

Steve

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Done :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Elim,

We often find that people around here are more likely to participate in surveys if they can do so anonymously. Is there any reason that they need to provide the business name for this?

If you could also confirm here on this thread how you will treat participants’ names and details, that will also help you gain more responses I think. (People tend to be cautious about giving this info out as they are concerned about spam etc).

Thanks, and good luck for your research.
    Jayne

Elim
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I do not have plans for the company names at this point of time and it was requested for my personal knowledge only.

I have taken your advice and made the field optional so people may choose to remain anonymous. I would had deleted it entirely but it appears there might be implications for the already collected responses so it would be safer to make the question optional with a message suggesting the participant may choose to remain anonymous.

Also much thanks to all the people who have participated in the survey. If anyone else would like to participate and share their insights , it would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks for being open to the suggestion Elim – I have a feeling you’ll receive many more responses this way.

Good luck with it all, and we hope you’ll come back and share your research findings with us in due course.

Jayne

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Some good questions. Having your own business need not be a long term dream if you are willing to learn how to create a successful business. It takes months as opposed to years.

Have you considered approaching accountants to include your survey in their e-newsletter?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Done

Wendy :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.