Home – New Forums Marketing mastery SurveyMonkey for market research

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WesTan
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has used SurveyMonkey for market research, in particular, whether the results are generally accepted by retail buyers.

We’re planning to launch a product in the coming months and wanted to survey consumer’s preferences on the product details, including pricing, but weren’t quite sure if the SurveyMonkey results would hold any weight during negotiations with retail buyers.

We have also sought quotations from brick-and-mortar market research firms but their prices seemed quite astronomical and beyond the reach of a start-up firm.

Thanks!

HarryNexus
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hello Wes

I recently used the survey monkey solution to complete a recent survey across the construction market. (i had to show data to my client; survey monkey has great graphical tools and you can really customise the survey)

Conducting any market survey needs to be well planned. Lots of people are not really interested in filling out questionnaires, thats a given. Your questions need to short sharp and meaningful. This takes some thought.

My approach to achieve success: I started first by interviewing by phone and face to face with most likely key influencers. After the interviews i was able to craft a more improved survey questions.

Also I mentioned after our interviews, would it be ok for me to send you a short survey to complete. The answer was no problems. Survey monkey has great tracking and follow up responses.

Good luck with your survey.
    Harry

WesTan, post: 196449 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has used SurveyMonkey for market research, in particular, whether the results are generally accepted by retail buyers.

We’re planning to launch a product in the coming months and wanted to survey consumer’s preferences on the product details, including pricing, but weren’t quite sure if the SurveyMonkey results would hold any weight during negotiations with retail buyers.

We have also sought quotations from brick-and-mortar market research firms but their prices seemed quite astronomical and beyond the reach of a start-up firm.

Thanks!

WesTan
    Up

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the advice and good to hear that you have successfully used SurveyMonkey – I will check out the graphical functions which sound very helpful.

We have actually conducted the survey previously but just among friends, which might have a bit of bias. I wanted to re-conduct the survey to get responses that represent the real target market and will probably make some improvements to the survey as you said.

Cheers
    Wes

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Wes,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

We have a whole swag of articles here on Flying Solo about creating and using surveys for market research. Check them out here: Using surveys

Good luck,
    Jayne

WesTan
    Up

Thanks a lot Jayne, that’s really helpful, I’ll check them out.

Wes

Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Hi

I recently discovered Typeform. It’s much more beautiful than Survey Monkey, and it’s free as well. You can embed it as a pop up on your website, or as a link. See my example:

http://www.ozfairtrade.org/survey/

Qinnie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.