Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Surveys, local retail area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ad2405
    Participant
    • Total posts: 66
    Up
    ::

My retail shop is in the middle of a residential area. Most of my customers being retail I do not have an address or email address. I want to do a survey basically asking if we moved the shop 2km would they still buy off us.
    I was thinking of just hand dropping a survey to the streets around the shop.

Should I include a reply paid envelope if that’s possible? What should I ask? Do you think it’s worth it or will most people just chuck it out and not go to the effort.?

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    ad2405, post: 193017 wrote:
    My retail shop is in the middle of a residential area. Most of my customers being retail I do not have an address or email address. I want to do a survey basically asking if we moved the shop 2km would they still buy off us.
    I was thinking of just hand dropping a survey to the streets around the shop.

Should I include a reply paid envelope if that’s possible? What should I ask? Do you think it’s worth it or will most people just chuck it out and not go to the effort.?

Start collecting email addresses today. This is a classic example of why you need to ‘own’ the relationship with your customer and the method of communication. Moving 2km should not make a difference if you have what they want, and you are in regular contact with them.

Why not survey people as they come in the store?

ad2405
    Participant
    • Total posts: 66
    Up

Thanks Jenny, what is the best way to get email addresses without creating a VIP card system? I cant just ask joe blow off the street that walks in for his email address.

The streets surrounding my current location is my main concern, I know I have a lot of customers that will follow us, but there are the streets local where people will walk up to the shop. That is who I though about surveying.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    ad2405, post: 193028 wrote:
    Thanks Jenny, what is the best way to get email addresses without creating a VIP card system? I cant just ask joe blow off the street that walks in for his email address.

The streets surrounding my current location is my main concern, I know I have a lot of customers that will follow us, but there are the streets local where people will walk up to the shop. That is who I though about surveying.

Just ask them.

“We send out a 3 weekly newsletter with all of our new products and special offers to our email list. Would you like to receive that?”

My bricks and mortar gift store customer now has 1000 names in 5 months by saying that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.