Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Sydney North/North west

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

Now Cruz, this is a big area to service.
    I would immagine your thinking Parramatta to Katoomba and may include the Hills district, which would probably make Penrith the most central location.
    Alf Garnett used to like the Rooty Hill RSL. Or am I way off beam?

Venue somewhere accessable to the railway, then most can leave the vehicle at home and have a drink or two.

Perhaps Parramatta & Hornsby FS may travel down to the Sydney gettogether anyway probably closer than Penrith.

Anyhow Im looking for excuses to get outta the house so am happy to help get a regular gettogether for FS in the any area that is assessably by public transport.

OK so what are your thoughts

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Patrick

You’re right, I was thinking from Parramatta to Penrith including the Hills. To be honest, I haven’t really thought about it yet. Maybe we can get an idea of venues, and then put it out on a survey to gauge interest.

Rooty Hill RSL is one. Blacktown is central. I’m not sure that there are many Flying Soloists around Penrith to the mountains through as I haven’t come across many yet. We can even do Parra if there’s where the majority of people are.

Castle Hill would be a great place as well.

Richard

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

I havent lived in that area for almost 40 years.
    The Blacktown Workers club isnt far from the station, I dont actually know how far Rooty Hill RSL is from the station.
    Im thinking close to public transport, so those that cant access a vehicle could get there easily.
    I understand Seven Hills has a nice pub near the station.

Lets be different and organise something for a Monday evening, unless feedback says otherwise.

So you Westies and Mountain folk what do you say, Monday evening, ah but where Rooty Hill RSL, Blacktown Workers Club or the Pub at Seven Hills

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ( and dont be rude)

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

I think Parramatta would be the best spot. Train and bus accessible and parking with a number of places to choose for the location.

rbyrne
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Around Parra sounds good to me as well, though am willing to travel !!

Dardee
    Up

Is anyone interested in getting this going in Parramatta or thereabouts? I’m keen.

rbyrne
    Up

I’m definitely interested around Parramatta

Roger Byrne
    Interface Financial Group
    Tel 0414 892 854
    Fax (02) 8088 7157
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: http://www.interfacefinancial.com/byrne

Dardee
    Up

Roger.

Lets book something in and at worst we can have a chat between ourselves. I suggest we make it 2 weeks after the Sydney meet up. Suggestions for a spot?

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

I’m up for Parramatta. There are plenty of cafe’s on Church Street. Otherwise, there’s Max Brenner in front of the station, but it gets packed during busy times.

Dardee
    Up

I was thinking a weeknight so we don’t have problems with crowds. I can do any day other than Thursday.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

If you were thinking of a meeting during the day there is a fabulous cafe in Parramatta park near the old weir used to called by the locals ‘little coogee’

or even the golf club

rbyrne
    Up

Belgian Beer Cafe ?

Was there about 2 weeks ago – it seems nice

rbyrne
    Burgo
    Participant
    Up

What a good idea, I will come along as ‘Shewhomustbe’ thinks its a good idea……………

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Looking very much in catching up with those going along to the Parramatta networking gruoup this coming Wednesday evening 19th May.
    I know Roger will be there, anyone else coming.
    If we get 8 – 10 then we may have to book a table, otherwise we can always stand around the bar.

Can we get some idea who’s coming please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.