Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Take a look at our site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    travelbug
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi all, we have had this web site up for a while now but have not yet received criticism from the tuff crowds. It’s done on WordPress and hosted for $1 a month because we are a not-for-profit outfit.

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    I’m looking for views on the logo as well, would be nice to come up with something simple.

2. What does your business do?
    Our organization is setting up a retreat in remote Indonesia. We will train up locals in tourism careers and if/when we start running at a profit we will be providing much needed ongoing support to an orphanage in the same area.

3. Who is your target market?
    Our market is predominantly families of surfers, fishermen and ocean lovers of all sorts that want to give something back to emote communities in beautiful parts of Indonesia. As well as enjoying the surrounds.

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Just after a fresh set of eyes.

Check it out at http://www.mercyhuts.com

Thanks

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Nice looking site. Very simple and easy to read.

Probably the only things I would suggest changing is:

1. Put a small form to sign up to the newsletter on the front page instead of the link;
    2. Put a small form to donate rather than just the button on the front page.

I would imagine they are the two key calls to action you want to promote.

I thought the copy was really good and quite convincing. I particularly liked the way on the donate page you give an example of what each level of donation would provide.

Very well done and I hope it goes well for you – it looks like a great idea.

Cheers
    Daniel

travelbug
    Up

Thanks for your feedback Daniel.
    Not sure how I would add the from from Mail Chimp to the home page but I will try to find out to see what it would look like. Same with the donate if paypal has that facility.

Cheers

Matt

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    travelbug, post: 160912 wrote:
    Not sure how I would add the from from Mail Chimp to the home page but I will try to find out to see what it would look like.
    Mailchimp provides minimal if any assistance for adding things like this to your site. One of the many reasons I use Campaign Monitor, this is so simple! And they’re Australian too.

Also, it would be worth your while to contact them if you’re a not for profit, I’ve got some really good discounts/freebies from CM when I’ve done likewise for some of the pro bono work I do.

ActionCastles
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Your site looks great to me. What a fantastic concept!

Just thought I’d mention that I get an error when I click on ‘Meet Abraham’ on the Vision page.

All the best
    Sandy

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up
    travelbug, post: 160912 wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback Daniel.
    Not sure how I would add the from from Mail Chimp to the home page but I will try to find out to see what it would look like. Same with the donate if paypal has that facility.

Cheers

Matt

Yes, it took me a bit to work out how to get mine on my page and working properly. Mailchimp give you the HTML but then you have to work out how to get it on your page which means you really need to have an understanding of both HTML and using wordpress.

As an alternative you could look at Wufoo – they are an online forms tool. They have integration with Mailchimp and have a brilliant plug-in for WordPress that makes embedding forms a piece of cake (literally one line of code!). They are free if you only have a couple of forms (although you do get their branding thrown around a bit – not as bad as some though).

NOTE: I have no affiliation with Wufoo other than being a user.

Cheers
    Daniel

travelbug
    Up
    ActionCastles, post: 160938 wrote:
    Your site looks great to me. What a fantastic concept!

Just thought I’d mention that I get an error when I click on ‘Meet Abraham’ on the Vision page.

All the best
    Sandy

Thanks Sandy.
    And for the broken Abraham link, all fixed, much appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.