Home Forums Tech talk Task Managemet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tim@taskwise
    • Total posts: 2

We’ve been working on the development of a series of task management applications for personal and business users. I wanted to get some insight from the community to find out how people are generally managing their day to day work tasks and if anyone uses task managers on a daily basis

billfredtom
    • Total posts: 19
    tim@taskwise, post: 53739 wrote:
    We’ve been working on the development of a series of task management applications for personal and business users. I wanted to get some insight from the community to find out how people are generally managing their day to day work tasks and if anyone uses task managers on a daily basis

I’ve used quite an array of task management tools – and at work the one we end up using time after time is actually a custom built one we put together (I’m a analyst/programmer/information science grad by trade).

There’s a large amount of off the shelf solutions which are good – but it is often hard to find one that will fit requirements, depending on how you “get things done”. I like rememberthemilk.com for it’s simplicity. I like the new iphone app “Epic Win” purely for the fun factor. I’ve recently discovered pivotaltracker.com for agile programming teams and that has worked very well – and could be applied to other scenarios other then dev teams. Other people swear by Signal 37 offerings (basecamp, highrise, etc), but they didn’t gel with me on trial. It seems to be a personal preference thing – or how readily I opt in to their way of doing things. The most difficult thing for me is remembering to use the app. Automated emails or alerts of summaries, etc, help greatly.

Bill

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500

Hi Tim,

I wrote a CRM system – blown out of the water commercially by MYOB releasing their CRM module and a couple of other competitors – so I use that. A bit more than task management – and not perfect due to never being completed – but helps me out.

Kathy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.