Home – New Forums Other discussions Team photo “About Us”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    ::

In my about us section I want to add a photo to make it more personalised.

I was thinking a photo of myself in the about us section though I’m 19yrs old, male, persian/canadian & good looking (had to be accurate).

Is it appropriate to have a photo of myself wearing maybe Ethical Care (brand name) hat & shirt with “CEO – Ethical Care.” as a blurb.

I was also thinking of wearing just normal clothing & not a suit, then having other people wearing suits & they were the “Team”.

Basically I want to show I’m a genuine guy here to help & I thought if i had a photo of myself wearing casual clothing it will show I’m a real human being just like the consumer.

I was also thinking of a photo where I’m wearing Ethical Care gear & helping out the homeless at Central Station late at night. By the way I have done this in the past & this is part of my reason in business.

Honestly I think the homeless thing would be good idea like giving free fruits & vegetables to them or having bags of fruits & veges next to them with the bag saying “Ethical Care”. Obviously I get there permission & ask them to act out the sleeping part.

I sell natural products & my about me section will be about Ethical Care helping people, genuinely.

Suggestions, feedback, criticism, let me know. Please be 100% honest as that is what will help me.

Thank you

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi, firstly on the About Us page you could have a photo of yourself in whatever gear you wish – you could have a couple of photos of yourself alone.

However, regarding the other part of your question – the homeless – ethically it would not be good to have photos of them with you regardless of whether you asked permission. Of course you can mention in your blurb that you help out, but photographing them in a contrived situation would not be ethical in my opinion which defeats your original purpose of you hoping to be viewed as ‘ethical’.

From what I understand many of those people shy away from cameras because they do not want anyone to know that they are in that situation and it would make them feel worse. Use a stock photo instead in the background with your picture over it if you have to. But I don’t think you need to have a picture of homeless at all.

As you don’t actually have a ‘team’ I wouldn’t be showing that either.
    Just show yourself as owner or director. You can say ‘we’ in the copy because your distributors and suppliers are all part of your ‘team’.

Best wishes.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Hi there thanks very much for your great response!

Yeah I wasn’t too sure about having homeless but I was thinking a photo where I’m there helping people in some way would be better than just a photo of me behind an office chair.

As for the “team” part the company site is portrayed as being a legitimate company & with just one employee wouldn’t this reduce positive perception towards the brand & the product ?

Bizzy
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hi there,

My thoughts are I would not call yourself the CEO if you are the only employee. Better to have owner, or director, manager instead.

You clearly would like an inspiring image for the about page but I would have to agree with KarenC on the points she raised. Why not have an image of yourself but then stock photos of happy communities with captions saying exactly what you have done to help etc.

It would also be easier then arranging multiple people for the photoshoot.

PerfectNotes-Kathy
    • Total posts: 500
    Up

Hi,

I agree with Karen’s comment that people in an unfortunate situation are not likely to want a permanent picture proving it – even if they would appreciate the payment for it – so that is probably not a good idea.

Do you have a delivery car/van with your logo on it? If so, why not have a pic done of you with your bags of fruit and veg packed in, ready to deliver – and an explanation of where they are going, as well as a photo of you in the ‘office’.

Kathy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.