Home – New Forums Tech talk Technical printer question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. Our office recently moved and we got new printers (Lanier MP C7501) and I’ve noticed that it doesn’t print the colours exactly as it should.

Meaning, corporate colours for one of our client is meant to be a light lemony green that now comes out of the printer looking more like avocado green.

Could someone please tell me if that’s a printer setting fault or will I need to code the colour differently in InDesign to get the colour it’s meant to be?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Mel

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hmmm, that sounds a tad technical.

I’m not sure if this post on an indesign blog will help. It’s not the freshest of posts, but may hold some answers for you.

I hope so!

Robert

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Hi Robert,

Thanks for that. Interesting read. It might get us somewhere to start with.

Have a great Easter break!

Regards,
    Mel

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Hi Mel,

Although your printer has 4 separate toner colours unfortunately you will need to calibrate the computers (Printer properties) so it knows what to use (namely CYMK colour process), otherwise it will just alter it to RGB (weird but that’s the default, as they match the monitor settings and not the application settings).

Hope this helps.
    Brent

dextereugenio
    • Total posts: 536
    Up

that printer looks like a workhorse and chances are your paying it off by the page.

if thats the case, get the printer suppliers to sort it out for you.

better them than your IT guys as that thing looks full house!

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

I’ve gone back to the InDesign filed and made all colours CMYK as the printer (I was told by IT) is a CMYK printer. I printed it again but with the same result.

I’m a bit surprised as my company’s colours print out as they should (blue and yellow) but not the client colours.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the GREEN only in the printer?

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Mel

dextereugenio
    • Total posts: 536
    Up

this could get techy.

i would try:

* printing it from another PC
    * finding out if a) you print direct to the PC or b) via a server (if a) try b), if b) try a))
    * if you still have your old printer, try printing it from there in InDesign without changing settings. If it prints fine, its nothing to do with the file or software settings.
    * check to see what printer driver you are using and change it, ie PCL6, PS, PCL5e, etc.

most of this stuff you should ask IT :)

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Thanks guys, I worked it out.

It’s in the printer settings, the “Barrier-free Colour Management” was on OFF.
    I changed it to ON and it came out a beauty.

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Mel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.