Home – New Forums Tech talk Technology Advice Forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jdyason
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I have created a technology support forum primarily aimed at home users. At this stage I would like to invite anyone who may have computer related issues or require some advice to participate. Businesses are also welcome.

The forum can be accessed by visiting the following website:
    http://www.huntervalleycomputers.com.au

The site is relativily new and the forum in particular is under development.

I hope this is useful.

Kind Regards,

JAD

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Nice work =) I love support forums! Especially ones that are logically laid out.

Normally I’ll Google something if I have a problem, then as a last resort post on a forum … But I’ll bookmark it none the less =)

jdyason
    Up

Thanks Emroy,

I want this to be a way to give back to the community. Answering the smallest of questions can make such a big difference to a home user or small business.

Regards,

Jonathan

JulieA
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

I joined your Forum ( though I almost needed my sunnies for the very bright colours! LOL)

By not sending new members aconfirmation/click to confirm email, you do run the risk of spambots registering.

It’s a great idea, and I’ll be posting about it on some of the other Forums I visit.

Cheers

jdyason
    Up
    JulieA, post: 23934 wrote:
    I joined your Forum ( though I almost needed my sunnies for the very bright colours! LOL)

By not sending new members aconfirmation/click to confirm email, you do run the risk of spambots registering.

It’s a great idea, and I’ll be posting about it on some of the other Forums I visit.

Cheers

Yes the color scheme is on my hitlist!
    Thanks for pointing out the confirmation check. The forum is pretty new so there will be a few things to change like this.

Much appreciated,

JAD

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hi JAD,

Nice site.

One point that I would mention is that when you click on the forum button another tab opens up – I find it a little annoying to have to go back and close off a number of tabs for a website when I am finished browsing.

It’s just my AU$0.02

Regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

jdyason
    Up
    DVDcoach, post: 23963 wrote:
    Hi JAD,

Nice site.

One point that I would mention is that when you click on the forum button another tab opens up – I find it a little annoying to have to go back and close off a number of tabs for a website when I am finished browsing.

It’s just my AU$0.02

Regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

I agree with you. I have made the change.

Thanks,

JAD

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Nice forum JAD,

I suggest you post some knowledge-base type posts on there yourself to seed it a bit.

Kev

jdyason
    Up
    soliddata, post: 24026 wrote:
    Nice forum JAD,

I suggest you post some knowledge-base type posts on there yourself to seed it a bit.

Kev

I Kev,

I have plans in place for doing just that – articles relevant to my business will be cross referenced to my ‘Useful information’ page outside the forum.

Regards,

JAD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.