Home – New Forums Other discussions TED: Jacek Utko designs to save newspapers – role of good design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up
    ::

For anyone who likes videos on design, here is a great video about how Jacek improved and made-over newspapers in Europe, winning major awards.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jacek_utko_asks_can_design_save_the_newspaper.html

Basically, good innovative design saved a newspaper.
    Jacek used creative thinking (inspired by Circus Soleil) and discusses the importance of involving good designers in the whole process from development and questioning stage to the final product.
    He says, the designer needs to be in the process from beginning to end and both client and designer should discuss function, form, content, design together.

‘Design can change your product, your workflow, your branding, your company, you.’

‘No matter how small, always improve your work to the highest possible level. You just need inspiration, vision, and determination.’

Apart from being a graphic designer, I am also a trained teacher of design. The last statement is something I often share with students:
    inspiration, vision, and determination.

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks Karen, that’s really cool!

Isn’t it amazing how the awesome-ness of those designs is highlighted even more by the fact the text is in languages we can’t read? I love it!

Have a great day,
    Jayne

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Great video isn’t it Karen. I first saw it a year or so ago and i’m not surprised at the results. Design is sooo important for many industries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.