Home – New Forums Starting your journey Telco Recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    leena
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting a 1300 number and linking it through to my mobile phone, if you Google it you end up with hundreds of providers each charging rates that vary from $5/mth – $25/mth. To avoid going with someone dodgy I called up one of the main telcos instead and they said it’s all pretty much the same, and it’ll be cheaper to go with one of the smaller companies.

With that being said I want to make sure I choose someone reputable with no hidden surprises so I’d like to get some recommendations on providers if possible.

I had a look through the forums on here but most are a couple of years old.

Many thanks.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Leena,

Smaller teclos/providers are able to source at better rates and customer service tends to be better as well… May i suggest you post here as there are a few providers online in FS that are fantastic..

If you call Steve at DIVERT TO MOBILE, i am sure he will point you in the right direction and he is a forum regular.. He offers the service you are seeking, and is willing to ‘work with you’ as well to ensure you are the right fit.. You can find him here on FS http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/members/divert-to-mobile.html or his web site http://diverttomobile.com.au/

Good luck,, keep us informed…

Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    leena
    Up

Thanks heaps Jason! I’ve just sent him a message :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Leena,

As Jason mentioned, Steve is a regular around here and very generous with his knowledge, so it would be worth getting in touch with him.

If he doesn’t turn out to be the right person for you, you might also like to take a browse through the Telecommunications section of the Flying Solo directory to see if you find any suppliers that appeal to you.

All the best with it,
    Jayne

leena
    Up

Thanks Jayne :)

That’s a great resource, so many to choose from! Hopefully hearing people’s personal recommendations will make it easier…

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

I’ve been using OzeTel and I’ve been very happy with the customer service. It was set up quickly and the price was better than quite a few others I’ve seen!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Leena,

Until recently a 1300 number was the only way to get a virtual number, a number that just rings through to another number. So Divert to mobile was built and designed for small business and does exactly what your after but with landline numbers.

We give you a landline number and divert all the calls to your mobile. If you already have a landline you can bring it into our system and it becomes virtual.

You asked about voicemail, yes there is voicemail and a bunch of other features all included in the $10 / month service. When someone leaves you a message it is emailed to you as an mp3 automatically. All the features are listed here

The pricing is straght forward, a simple flat 15c per min for calls diverted to your mobile and the $10 service fee gives all features and a number. You can try it out for 3 months with all calls and service covered to see how it suits you for $49

I’d love to have a chat with you, pm your number or give me a call. I use the system myself so you will hear the call quality first hand.

kind regards,

Steve

leena
    Up

Thanks Steve, I was leaning more towards a 1300 number but am reconsidering that now. Are there any cancellation fees or contracts?

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Hi Leena,

There are no cancellation fees, and the agreement is month by month.

Steve

Stuart Ayling
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Leena, to answer your first question I’ve been using Alltel for about 12 months. http://www.alltel.com.au/1300-numbers.html . It suited me as I have a low volume of inbound calls so a low monthly fee was a big factor for me ($15/m), not so much call costs. And it was easy to set up.

From a marketing perspective you can use a 1300 number to either appear to cover everywhere or mask your location if thats important for you. Plus I think it makes your business look a bit more ‘established’ (whether it is or not).

Best to consider the outcomes you want before making the decision. Its not always just about the cost.

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Steve,

Can you supply 1300 numbers instead of Sydney / Melbourne etc?

I am regional based and as such, it would be better to have a 1300 then a metro number.

If not, can I get a 1300 through whoever, then piggyback to your virtual landline? I know it will cost more but I have done the numbers and it appears to save me rather than using Telstra etc for a 1300 number..

Regards,

Mark

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Hi Mark,

Yes and yes.

I can supply 1300 numbers however there is an additional $15 per month for the 1300 number and the per min rate is increased by 5c per min.
    Total for 1300 service is, $25 per month, 20c per min

Yes you can land your current 1300 from another provider onto a land line we issue. Some customers do it for the reduced rate to mobile whilst others do it for the features in the system.

Steve

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Hey Leena,
    Happy to answer any questions as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.