Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Telecommunications

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mnewma13
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys,
    how do you get companies to talk about their telephone systems.

have great products, even wifi desk phones to save on wiring and yet cant get anyone to talk about them. Even save them money by using smart tech

Too busy, phones they have work fine, email me and I will pass it onto the boss(doesn’t happen) or sorry we talk to Telstra bout our phones.

How do I get people to start wanting to have this conversation.

Thanks
    Michael

jan.sullivan2
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Michael

It sounds like you are trying, so well done. Even that isn’t easy. What follows is straight off the top of my head, so I hope it will be of some use to you.

I’ll assume you have a low budget, so you’ll need to get creative to get them to hear your message. If you have more money, people will often go to a free breakfast to listen to what you have to say. A lower budget option might be to let them know of free coffee you have arranged via a van to call to their office at ‘coffee time’. Or ask if you can provide morning tea muffins in exchange for a 10 minute conversation.

You have info that should change their thinking. Can you supply articles in places where they might look, like LinkedIn?

Do they have advertising – newsletters they send out, or real estate agents who get folders printed with ads on them, or things like that. Can you supply a short article (it might even be an elevator pitch depending on where it will go) that will excite their clients about cheaper better phones and either you’ll be noticed by them, or their clients.

If they do content marketing, your article might save them a writing job for one week, so they’ll be glad to use it.

Can you simplify your message and cut straight to the bottom line – ‘your phones have wires everywhere and cost maybe $xxxx, ours are wireless and cost $xxx’ and put it on something quick and eye catching – some sort of corporate gift that will be useful or on the muffin box or somewhere like that.

That’s me having a brainstorm
    Hope I’ve sparked an idea that works for you
    Jan

mnewma13
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Jan,
    I sent a box of gourmet doughnuts to an office of a Director with whom i couldnt get past his receptionist and voila. He rang me with the business card I have placed in the top of the lid and has agreed to meet me early next week for 20 mins.

Brilliant Idea.

Thanks a Million
    Mike

jan.sullivan2
    Up

Oh wow, I’m so pleased. It’s low cost and simple. Hope his waist line is ok too!

jan.sullivan2
    Up

Hey Mike
    I make business videos but I also repurpose the info as slideshows and articles. Would you mind if I used this story in an article?
    If you’d like I could mention your business (I’m not sure what it is called), say how you have a cheaper, better product, but it’s hard to get before the people who make the decisions and here’s something that worked.
    I could write a short article about the power of a forum and sharing ideas on line, and also one about a cheap and delicious marketing technique.
    I’d like to put the articles on LinkedIn and my blog.
    I’ll only share what you want me to, and I’m hoping a Flying Solo moderator sees this too, as I’m trying to find out how to get permission from you guys.
    Cheers
    Jan

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Just from the receiving end of your potential sales pitch, a lot of small business’s get bombarded with calls about there phones on a weekly (some weeks daily) basis, so if you are cold calling forget it, we are tired of the interuptions

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

It may be worth looking at building referral partners who may hear this conversation indirectly in relating to issues or limitations with current phone systems or providers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.