Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Temporary stall in shopping centres (info + questions)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    ::
    NickHumphries, post: 100443 wrote:
    …how many leads can you gain

I’ll let you know after our first one Nick. As a new product, our aim is to start building brand awareness.

and how do you approach people to come to the stall?

You can’t approach them, you must stay behind your table, as under Consumer Law regulations they must come to you. You can call out to them though lol

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    NickHumphries, post: 100443 wrote:
    …how many leads can you gain

I’ll let you know after our first one Nick. As a new product, our aim is to start building brand awareness.

and how do you approach people to come to the stall?

You can’t approach them, you must stay behind your table, as under Consumer Law regulations they must come to you. You can call out to them though lol

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

I was thinking about doing this with some magic trick sets I have

similar to trade shows you need to attract attention first which is the hardest part (unless your the infotainer)

Live demonstrations do bring people in, you have to stop a few people first and this builds the larger crowd.

Although I have never worked a shopping centre for crowd building I have performed at hotels socially where people would gather around me and security would stop me because there were too many people in one area
    (despite the fact they were getting $800 worth of free show)

Eye level is buy level- if they cannot see your demo or products they will walk on by, so put your products on a pedestal and stand on a riser.

Keep your messaging to a minimum – cut to the chase, branding is omportant but in sales if your logo doesn’t communicate what you do or your just starting out- better to advertise the benefit on your banners and have the logo smaller, signage needs to start at belly button height to really have impact

the more visible you are the larger the crowd

chances are you wont be able to use a microphone so take vitamin c tablets which helps heal the throat, stay away from milk

carnival tricks

I hate to offer trade secrets but one of the best is to have a mate with the right amount of money and after a demo, you have your final spiel to ask people if they want to buy to buy now

thats when your mate walks over an pays there and then

no one wants to be the first so it’s a fake sale but eases the worries of those who like the demo.

The Infotainer
    Up

I was thinking about doing this with some magic trick sets I have

similar to trade shows you need to attract attention first which is the hardest part (unless your the infotainer)

Live demonstrations do bring people in, you have to stop a few people first and this builds the larger crowd.

Although I have never worked a shopping centre for crowd building I have performed at hotels socially where people would gather around me and security would stop me because there were too many people in one area
    (despite the fact they were getting $800 worth of free show)

Eye level is buy level- if they cannot see your demo or products they will walk on by, so put your products on a pedestal and stand on a riser.

Keep your messaging to a minimum – cut to the chase, branding is omportant but in sales if your logo doesn’t communicate what you do or your just starting out- better to advertise the benefit on your banners and have the logo smaller, signage needs to start at belly button height to really have impact

the more visible you are the larger the crowd

chances are you wont be able to use a microphone so take vitamin c tablets which helps heal the throat, stay away from milk

carnival tricks

I hate to offer trade secrets but one of the best is to have a mate with the right amount of money and after a demo, you have your final spiel to ask people if they want to buy to buy now

thats when your mate walks over an pays there and then

no one wants to be the first so it’s a fake sale but eases the worries of those who like the demo.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Well, I’ve done my little shopping centre display and thought I’d give an update.

A lot of interest and curiosity. I don’t think there was a person who came into the centre who didn’t look, read the banner, and look again. A few discussions amongst friends from a distance (oh, so it goes on your undies…). That was a positive because I know my banner got the message through about our product.

I also learnt how to display my table and interact when people approached – another positive and I’ll be prepared for my expos.

My aim was to get exposure and start brand awareness. I achieved that albeit on a very small scale, so, another positive.

But I’ll never do it again. I only see the value in these displays for spontaneous buying. The guy with the cheap handbags and kids clothes did not sit down all day. The lady with the magic mop was the same. The “ooohhh look at that, I don’t really need it but it’s only $5” type stands.

So, at the end of the first day I made a decision to not return for day 2. At a cost of only $50 I figured I could spend that 10 hours a lot more productively, so I cut my losses.

The shopping centre display was always only a test and I’m glad I did it – at least now I know it doesn’t work for me !!

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Well, I’ve done my little shopping centre display and thought I’d give an update.

A lot of interest and curiosity. I don’t think there was a person who came into the centre who didn’t look, read the banner, and look again. A few discussions amongst friends from a distance (oh, so it goes on your undies…). That was a positive because I know my banner got the message through about our product.

I also learnt how to display my table and interact when people approached – another positive and I’ll be prepared for my expos.

My aim was to get exposure and start brand awareness. I achieved that albeit on a very small scale, so, another positive.

But I’ll never do it again. I only see the value in these displays for spontaneous buying. The guy with the cheap handbags and kids clothes did not sit down all day. The lady with the magic mop was the same. The “ooohhh look at that, I don’t really need it but it’s only $5” type stands.

So, at the end of the first day I made a decision to not return for day 2. At a cost of only $50 I figured I could spend that 10 hours a lot more productively, so I cut my losses.

The shopping centre display was always only a test and I’m glad I did it – at least now I know it doesn’t work for me !!

The Infotainer
    Up

A cat that sits on a hot stove- will never sit on a hot stove again

but they will not sit on a cold stove iether

Just because it failed once doesn’t mean it will fail again, it just means that you need to use a different tactic than those selling the $5 quick sales

timing, undersanding the buying cycle and when people buy your product is good, some people buy higher priced items when they need it, as apposed to when they see it.

any kind of marketing requires continued application, similar to Direct Mail- send 1 mail item and get not much response- send 3 over several months and you will start to get results if your lists is any good- so the continued application of your marketing is important as apposed to one off.

For now when you shop go to those small shops and see how they are doing- see if any of them sell high priced items and see how they do it- grab a coffee or tea and watch the stand and see how they work

When a baby learns to walk they fall over cry but get themselves back up to try again, as adults we fail once and stop – we gotta learn from experiences and in some cases perhaps a shop might not be a good idea, but trying once and failing and never doing it again is (to me) not a good mind set- I wasn’t there so only you can know, but in anything if you fail once- pick up your feet and try again. for $50 I would have tried again

The Infotainer
    Up

A cat that sits on a hot stove- will never sit on a hot stove again

but they will not sit on a cold stove iether

Just because it failed once doesn’t mean it will fail again, it just means that you need to use a different tactic than those selling the $5 quick sales

timing, undersanding the buying cycle and when people buy your product is good, some people buy higher priced items when they need it, as apposed to when they see it.

any kind of marketing requires continued application, similar to Direct Mail- send 1 mail item and get not much response- send 3 over several months and you will start to get results if your lists is any good- so the continued application of your marketing is important as apposed to one off.

For now when you shop go to those small shops and see how they are doing- see if any of them sell high priced items and see how they do it- grab a coffee or tea and watch the stand and see how they work

When a baby learns to walk they fall over cry but get themselves back up to try again, as adults we fail once and stop – we gotta learn from experiences and in some cases perhaps a shop might not be a good idea, but trying once and failing and never doing it again is (to me) not a good mind set- I wasn’t there so only you can know, but in anything if you fail once- pick up your feet and try again. for $50 I would have tried again

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you really want exposure and brand awareness, get people’s contact details by offering to send them some research and info on the problems that people experience when they dont have your product. shows that you are customer focused.

e,g if i was selling refinance, i would offer to give dvds or reports or series of videos on how banks “rip off” loyal clients in exchange for their contact details so i can follow up on auto pilot over time.

my point here is if you cant make an immediate sales, that’s fine bcos only 3% are ready to buy today. 7 % -17% will buy overtime (3 days – 3 months +) and you cannot reasonably expect them to remember you and your business card/ flyer when they have others things in their life. people forget. out of sight. out of mind.

the only way to turn them into paying customers is to keep in touch as a welcome guest overtime.

This is different from those advertising companies who say that you need to advertise multiple before anyone takes action. it’s their way to maximise profits.

if an ad , flyer or display does not work the first time, change it. you need to test headline, size, message, offer, call to action, color, etc.

if it works the first time, use it as a control and test other ads. the difference has been up to 2100% (two thousand,. one hundred percent) in increased revenue.

if you take your marketing seriously, you will never ever have to sell again in your life and you will increase your business 10X

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

If you really want exposure and brand awareness, get people’s contact details by offering to send them some research and info on the problems that people experience when they dont have your product. shows that you are customer focused.

e,g if i was selling refinance, i would offer to give dvds or reports or series of videos on how banks “rip off” loyal clients in exchange for their contact details so i can follow up on auto pilot over time.

my point here is if you cant make an immediate sales, that’s fine bcos only 3% are ready to buy today. 7 % -17% will buy overtime (3 days – 3 months +) and you cannot reasonably expect them to remember you and your business card/ flyer when they have others things in their life. people forget. out of sight. out of mind.

the only way to turn them into paying customers is to keep in touch as a welcome guest overtime.

This is different from those advertising companies who say that you need to advertise multiple before anyone takes action. it’s their way to maximise profits.

if an ad , flyer or display does not work the first time, change it. you need to test headline, size, message, offer, call to action, color, etc.

if it works the first time, use it as a control and test other ads. the difference has been up to 2100% (two thousand,. one hundred percent) in increased revenue.

if you take your marketing seriously, you will never ever have to sell again in your life and you will increase your business 10X

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Couple-It,

I think you should be focusing on the people who supply mobility products to pharmacies, hospitals and nursing homes and the like nationally. They all use the big catalogues. See if you can include flyers in their next distribution etc.

Look up mobility product suppliers and see who you could build a business relationship with.

All the best.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Couple-It,

I think you should be focusing on the people who supply mobility products to pharmacies, hospitals and nursing homes and the like nationally. They all use the big catalogues. See if you can include flyers in their next distribution etc.

Look up mobility product suppliers and see who you could build a business relationship with.

All the best.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Think you’ve missed my point Dave.

My product is not suited to a shopping centre display and I know that for sure now. I’m glad I tested it and found out early so now I can focus all my energy on my original marketing plan.

I see it as a positive experience because I learnt something. It’s not a matter of giving up, but moving on.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Think you’ve missed my point Dave.

My product is not suited to a shopping centre display and I know that for sure now. I’m glad I tested it and found out early so now I can focus all my energy on my original marketing plan.

I see it as a positive experience because I learnt something. It’s not a matter of giving up, but moving on.

MyGreatIdea
    Up
    KarenC, post: 102746 wrote:

Exactly Karen !! And that is my original marketing plan which I am now going to stick with.

In the ten hours that I didn’t sit at the centre I managed to put together my presentation pack, and make appointments with two of those retailers you mentioned.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.