Home – New Forums Starting your journey Terms and Conditions Wording?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ErinWilsonCMC
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    I am a marriage celebrant running my own business south of Perth. As my business has grown significantly over the last few months, I need to overhaul my invoices. I will need to write up a set of terms and conditions for my clients to sign. Any ideas where I can get some pointers on how to write these?
    I don’t really want to pay someone to do it as I am quite capable with writing, I just need some ideas for what I need to cover.
    TIA :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I know you said you don’t want to pay someone but if you go to http://www.legalvision.com.au you can download their ready documents and they are very affordable too.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Erin,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

It’s great to hear that your business is growing :)

If you don’t want to pay for legal assistance with this, perhaps have a conversation about it with your accountant?

Good luck with it all, and thanks for joining the forum,
    Jayne

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Ideas of terms and conditions can be found from your existing suppliers (don’t copy word for word of course). You should put together a standard agreement which outlines all the rules and important points for customers doing business with you. Your Invoice should contain just the essentials, such as payment options etc.

If you can’t find anything similar, you may just need to summarise these points, and have a legal professional format the final version it in the most binding way.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I have a background in journalism and run my own editing business, so I would be happy to be of assistance in tightening your content up for you if you have a fair idea of what wording you want to use to reflect the terms and conditions of dealing with your business.

shanekal
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Erin,

Its a great news that your business is going well.

In regards to Terms and conditions, I used to visit websites of similar businesses and take down the points they have covered. When I worked on my previous businesses I prepared it myself without copying the sentences but replicating the idea. Always make sure to keep the rules strict in order to face the worst case scenarios. You don’t need to be behaving to your customers as outlined in the terms. You could be much softer. But if you have a perfect terms, you are safe against those trouble makers…

Cheers,

NickKaro
    • Total posts: 226
    Up
    ErinWilsonCMC, post: 193050 wrote:
    Hi All,
    I am a marriage celebrant running my own business south of Perth. As my business has grown significantly over the last few months, I need to overhaul my invoices. I will need to write up a set of terms and conditions for my clients to sign. Any ideas where I can get some pointers on how to write these?
    I don’t really want to pay someone to do it as I am quite capable with writing, I just need some ideas for what I need to cover.
    TIA :)

Hi Erin

Good to hear the business is doing well.

If the business is growing significantly, I suggest spending a couple of hundred dollars for a full-proof set of terms drafted by a lawyer could save you many times that amount if things go pear shaped.

Often the devil is in the detail and legal drafting is a very different process to general writing skills.

Regards
    Nick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.