Home – New Forums Starting your journey Terms of Engagement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Roxy201
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hello fellow forumees!

I’m just wondering if there are any articles or threads on creating Terms of Agreements for client relationships.

I’ve Googled – of course – and found a few, but if there is anything here to add to the mix it would be great.

I’m a bookkeeper starting a new business and really feel it’s important to have this contract in place when establishing new relationships.

Thank you in advance
    Roxy

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Hi Roxy,

If you follow the link below to my website, you can find the link to my Conditions of Contract through the introductory offer on the home page.

Not sure if there’s much that applies to a bookkeeping business, but it may give you some ideas.

You may find other bookkeeping business with Terms & Conditions on their sites if you haven’t looked for them there already.

Cheers,
    Anna

MattR
    • Total posts: 196
    Up

The NIA, CPA and ICA all provide Terms of Engagment Letter drafts for their accountants.

So I presume if you are a member of a Bookkeepers org, then they too should be ablte to help.

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

I find it interesting that people consider their T&Cs to be very important but are happy to ‘roll their own’ using Google and bit of cut and paste.

I appreciate that small businesses may not have much of a budget for legals but if it’s important …

Cheers
    Victor

Roxy201
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Thanks guys, the responses have all been very helpful.

The Australian Accounting Technicians have a very good one which I will use as a base.

My main concerns are that I’m not a registered BAS agent (yet) so I want to ensure that this is covered in my agreement and clients truly understand the limitations to them at this point in time.

Victor, out of curiosity how much does it cost to have this drawn up via a solicitor?

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Roxy201,

Welcome to the boards. I’m pleased to see you’ve had some guidance from the community on this. Amazingly, there’s nothing in our article archives that covers this, not that I can recollect at any point.

Perhaps I could encourage Victor to put in an application to become a contributor :)

Cheers,

Sam

victorng
    Up
    Roxy201, post: 53611 wrote:
    Thanks guys, the responses have all been very helpful.

The Australian Accounting Technicians have a very good one which I will use as a base.

My main concerns are that I’m not a registered BAS agent (yet) so I want to ensure that this is covered in my agreement and clients truly understand the limitations to them at this point in time.

Victor, out of curiosity how much does it cost to have this drawn up via a solicitor?

Hi Roxy,

It sounds like you’ve struck on a decent industry association template to use.

In terms of legals, as you probably know lawyer’s charges are time based but almost completely arbitrary. Expect to pay anywhere from $750 to $2,000 I’d say.

victorng
    Up
    sam_leader, post: 53624 wrote:
    Perhaps I could encourage Victor to put in an application to become a contributor :)

Haha, I did think about that but maybe when things quieten down a bit …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.