Home – New Forums Starting your journey TFN Application Timeline?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fanix
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I just recently arrived in Melbourne. I applied for my TFN Number about a week ago. How long does it usually take before I get it? I require a TFN number to register for GST as a sole trader and to get my ABN Number.

Another question… I;ve already started buying things for my business. Once I register for GST, can I claim the GST from those back-dated expensives even if I werent registered for GST at that time?

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

The Tax office never moves quickly (Unless of course you owe them some money)… So don’t expect a response for about 15-30 days minimum.

– Jake

Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

The standard processing time by the tax office is 28 days of receipt of your application.

In relation to your ABN & GST registration, you are able to back-date your registration, so you can claim the GST on the items you have already purchased.

Good luck with your business!

fanix
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    Felicity_Sapphire, post: 34434 wrote:
    The standard processing time by the tax office is 28 days of receipt of your application.

In relation to your ABN & GST registration, you are able to back-date your registration, so you can claim the GST on the items you have already purchased.

Good luck with your business!

Thanks for the information. I actually received my TFN in the post today, yay! Now I can register for my ABN :)

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

I’ve lodged a few ABN/TFN applications in March and got them all between 1-2 weeks.

Also, the TFN and ABN is all in the same application form.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.