Home – New Forums Other discussions Thank you Flyingsolo .. I think it’s my time to move on.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Prom N
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

I wanted to THANK YOU for all your support and good resources and good people on Flyingsolo for all this time. Such a great community. I’m apologise in advance if this post sound like a business for sale ads. But before I close it down I just thought I should post this up. In case anyone else is interested in taking over our current database and work from our customers.

I would feel bad if I just close it down just like that. It is a design & printing businesses, which I have been doing for the pass 3 years since I graduated. It’s been a great time and eye-opening experience for me.

The business would suite someone with graphic design/printing background to takeover or merge into his or her existing business. I have a long list of regular customers from B2B and B2C who currently trading with us and wanted to pass it on to someone who is capable and know this area of work rather than just close it down.

I decided to close it because my business partners who started it out with me is now having a 3months old baby and rarely have time with this business and It’s hard for me to run it all by myself. And I am now moving on to the area of teaching/training in IT and multimedia.

I’m also open to any good advise on closing/exiting the business as I’m currently looking up any resources I could find.

And please contact me if anyone thinks this is a good opportunity or someone you know what to take this on and we can talk about the possibility.

Prom

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Prom,

It sounds like something you could package up and sell to another similar business. I’d start by documenting all your assets and particularly your lead-producing assets like website and customer list and some revenue/profit numbers.

Then you can shortlist some businesses who might be interested (and why), and prepare a sales document outlining the opportunity, who it’s for and what it’s worth.

Once you’ve listed your assets, numbers etc, speak to a business broker and they’ll be able to give you an idea of how much you might get and whether it’s a worthwhile exercise.

Hope that helps for a start. :)

Best of luck with this and your new path!

Dave

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 190578 wrote:
    Hi Prom,

It sounds like something you could package up and sell to another similar business. I’d start by documenting all your assets and particularly your lead-producing assets like website and customer list and some revenue/profit numbers.

Then you can shortlist some businesses who might be interested (and why), and prepare a sales document outlining the opportunity, who it’s for and what it’s worth.

Once you’ve listed your assets, numbers etc, speak to a business broker and they’ll be able to give you an idea of how much you might get and whether it’s a worthwhile exercise.

Hope that helps for a start. :)

Best of luck with this and your new path!

DaveGreat advice Dave.

Prom, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Prom N
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Thank you Dave :)

I do have a list and the other details but unfortunately the size of the business is too small that non of the broker are interested and tell me to give it a try myself.

Hi Matt, Thank you for checking out this post. I will email you the details.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.