Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Thank you to these special people…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,565
    Up
    ::

Hi gang,

It’s my last day as Flying Solo Forum Concierge, and I’d like to thank you all for making this place a second home for me over the years.

Thank you for…

Kind words.
    Warm welcomes.
    Sharing your stories.
    Sharing your knowledge.
    Helping us battle the spammers.
    Giving your time to help others in their business journey.
    Sharing your problems, struggles, conundrums, and frustrations. I have probably read 25,000+ posts in my time here, and have received an education that has been priceless to me in business and life.

Special mentions to some people that have made this place tick since I’ve been here:

@jayne-tancred
    gave me a masterclass in running the forums that I could only aspire to.

@paul-fs-concierge
    My moderation partner who really cares about this community and it shows.

@lucasarthur
    Jason there’s been nobody more committed to this community over the years. Thank you buddy.

@bb1
    Time after time showing up to give people a different take on their issues, and some tough love.

@jacquipryor
    The most recommended professional in FS history, and rightly deserved 🙂

@burgo
    always enjoyed being here and a positive force in every convo.

@aidan
    One of the most knowledgeable and generous members ever in SEO and AdWords.

@jamesmillar
    the all-time accounting MVP who has shared more knowledge here than you would believe.

@byron-trzeciak
    Helpful, knowledgeable, and just a great presence on the forums for a long time.

@johnw
    A titan of SEO knowledge, one of our most prolific contributors, and a reputation for spirited discussion 🙂

@matthewkeath
    A book could be written from this man’s contributions to the forums. Thank you for your service.

@john-romaine
    The no BS online marketing advice you can take or leave (take it!). Years of top quality advice.

@mischelle
    Knows and shares info on the widest range of topics imaginable, and a great person in real life.

And many many more people who have given their time and knowledge over and over.
    And of course the FS team who built this place, and welcomed me aboard several years ago 🙂
    I will check in from time to time, but this is just, well, in case I don’t see ya…

Dave

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,711
    Up

Thank you David for bringing balance and maintaining decorum over the journey. At times some interesting debates and discussions but no doubt the forum has been a better place because of your efforts.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Thanks Dave, it was great to see the notification from you this morning and I’m sure everyone wishes you all the best with your future opportunities. I’ve made many great connections from Flying Solo, some of those that I still speak with almost every day. There’s no doubt that there’s a lifetime of knowledge in these forums and you just need a bit of time to dig for it. Stay in touch!

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,565
    Up

Thank you both @jamesmillar and @byron-trzeciak I would love to stay in touch. I have clients who need people like you in their lives, so would like to formally get you in my rolodex.

Dave

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,166
    Up

Howdy David,

How great it was seeing the notification this morning, although sad that this door is closing.. However, knowing and having bantered with you over the years, i am certain that the door you have just unlocked has a beautiful engaging journey ahead.

Wishing you all the best mate, you have made some turbulent times a pleasure and you will be missed by those that know you and have those that have been robbed of that privilege.

Hope to see you around… and thanks for all the kind words and steering us in the right direction when needed 😉

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Cec Busby
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Thank you Dave for your untiring energy, thoughtful discussions and commitment to the community. You will definitely be missed. Congrats on the new role and don’t be a stranger!

Cec Busby Editor Flying Solo
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Thanks for the mention Dave, appreciate it.

It’s been quite some time since I logged in here. Infact I had to reset my password (also experienced a technical issue which I’m sure you may already know about)

What’s next once you finish up here?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,245
    Up

Dave it’s been an absolute pleasure and a fun journey all the way.

I will miss your balanced, always professional and the humorous one liners that made life on the mod team so enjoyable.

You bring a unique, thought provoking point of view to any conversation about small business that gets me to stop, think and often re-calibrate my own thoughts. Given that I can be quite strong willed, some would even say stubborn, that is quite the feat!

I will miss our chats on and off the platform and congratulate those that have snapped you up as they obviously know how to make good decisions!

Cheers mate. This place will definitely not be the same without you.

Paul

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,711
    Up

Thank you both @jamesmillar and @byron-trzeciak I would love to stay in touch. I have clients who need people like you in their lives, so would like to formally get you in my rolodex.

Dave

Of course Dave – always happy to help if you need it.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Jacqui Pryor
    Participant
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Sorry for the late reply Dave! Thanks for the super kind words in your farewell post. Been a pleasure chatting and sharing thoughts around here and hopefully will see you around in the future. All the best 🙂

Jacqui Pryor Trade Marks Attorney A Free Trade Mark Search is a good first step to ensuring your business name, brand name or logo is safe to use and to ensure it can be protected. Get yours here.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.