Home – New Forums Marketing mastery The 7 DEADLY Internet Marketing Blunders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

Hey Flying Solo members…. in the last 4 weeks I had a few chats with some great members here in FlyingSolo.. I have learned quite a lot about tax, marketing and organizing your business…

and it’s my time for me to say THANK YOU…

So I giving this Report that I usually provide to some of my clients.

You can have it Free to Download.

The 7 DEADLY Internet Marketing Blunders

It takes 5 minutes to read, and It can make a huge difference for your business…. perfect for a weekend read… ;)

Enjoy guys

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hey, you should blog it so we don’t have to sign up. Just a tip…

seocourse
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 31722 wrote:
    Hey, you should blog it so we don’t have to sign up. Just a tip…

That’s one of the points I mention in the report Matthew ;)

If you provide a valuable information to someone… at least you should have a system to be able to communicate with them in the future.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Gabriel

I think Matt’s comment was intended as a tip for you with regards engaging on a forum – sharing knowledge openly in discussion rather than driving traffic to your site and capturing email addresses.

You’ll find many more people are interested in following those who participate, rather than those who promote.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

Robert

seocourse
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 31725 wrote:
    Hi Gabriel

I think Matt’s comment was intended as a tip for you with regards engaging on a forum – sharing knowledge openly in discussion rather than driving traffic to your site and capturing email addresses.

You’ll find many more people are interested in following those who participate, rather than those who promote.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

Robert

Fair point…

I though posting links to blog will seem a bit “spammy” cheers.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Haha slightly less spammy then trying to capture our details :P

seocourse
    Up
    Chris Bates, post: 31731 wrote:
    Haha slightly less spammy then trying to capture our details :P

Well, it is a signup form. If you want you can signup…and download the report.

if you don’t… you don’t have to ;)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up
    seocourse, post: 31732 wrote:
    Well, it is a signup form. If you want you can signup…and download the report.

if you don’t… you don’t have to ;)

Now I swear Tim mentioned something about you giving us some freebies :P haha

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Must say I agree with the comments so far.

It seems those that have helped you have done so willingly and without attempting to funnel you, nor capture your details.

You on the other hand, have attached strings to your assistance.

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

Where is the love seocourse??

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    Michael_R, post: 31768 wrote:
    Where is the love seocourse??

You can have love, just supply your email address and name.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

I don’t think it’s that bad.
    Alot of people here already display their name and mail addy anyway, it’s not as if Gab is just taking this info and building lists which would be in bad taste. We do have a choice.

Besides, how many networking forums etc. are out there where you need to sign up just to read? what’s the diff.

I’m sure everyone here is capable of registering a gmail account in minutes for these kind of instances anyway. [email protected]

Cheers for the free info Gab.

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

Signed up because is was intrigued! I guess that was the aim of the post to create a want.

Good info for a starter to SEO stuff!!

thanks

M

haycreations
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Gabriel,

I have to agree with the some of the others that your approach was a little underhanded.

It did appear at first & in the spirit of this forum, that you were paying it forward by offering free tips in your area of expertise. But access to this free information was in fact conditional upon signing up via your site, which was not mentioned in your post. So I for one felt a little duped & did not sign up even though I was genuinely interested in the subject.

To cirumvent this kind of response in future perhaps provide a couple of genuine expert tips on your blog or in your forum post & then give people clear instructions on how & where they can find out more – ie: for more great tips sign up to my site/newsletter & instantly download my latest report: The 7 Deadly Internet……etc

All the best

Melanie

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

What I don’t get is why people even could be bothered?

It’s easier to go to Google than to type in an email address and then deal with unsubscribing later. I realise I’m not your target audience, but geez, there is billions of people on the planet and billions of them have blogs. All with the same information written thousands of times over.

Information is so easy to get, especially that information, I don’t understand why anyone these days needs to sign up to anything to get it.

Signing up to a forum is different. It’s two way communication and is a necessary practicality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.