Home – New Forums Wellbeing & balance The best habit I’ve ever started is…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    ::

For me, the habit that’s made the most difference to daily life is committing to drinking twice as much water every single day. I thought I was drinking enough till I started to drink one Litre after I woke up (before eating anything) and then another Litre before lunch and dinner. It has made a huge difference to how I feel throughout the whole day. Sounds hard but it’s amazing how quickly you get used to it.

What about you? Doesn’t have to be health related of course…

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Mine is related to invoicing. I keep running records during the day of when I start and finish jobs, plus any extra’s (material’s, fee’s, etc), and 90% of the time I do my invoicing that night,

It has helped with the accuracy as a week later you forget things, plus it only takes a few minutes each night, whereas if you let it build up over a week or 2 its easier to put off.

Plus one big thing is invoices get to clients within hours or days so payment is quicker (in most cases).

The number of other business’s (not just gardeners) I have spoken to who struggle with this I know i am on a winner.

elissa.doxey
    • Total posts: 145
    Up

Sitting down with a morning coffee and planning out my day (rather than reading the news/facebook/getting distracted by emails). I find I’m able to prioritise better and get my mind into work mode after the manic school drop-off!

Lucy Kippist
    Up
    bb1, post: 258264, member: 53375 wrote:
    Mine is related to invoicing. I keep running records during the day of when I start and finish jobs, plus any extra’s (material’s, fee’s, etc), and 90% of the time I do my invoicing that night,

It has helped with the accuracy as a week later you forget things, plus it only takes a few minutes each night, whereas if you let it build up over a week or 2 its easier to put off.

Plus one big thing is invoices get to clients within hours or days so payment is quicker (in most cases).

The number of other business’s (not just gardeners) I have spoken to who struggle with this I know i am on a winner.

Sounds like a terrific idea, Bert! Totally takes away the whole stress of having to chase your memory. And while work is important no of it matters if you’re not getting paid! Thanks for sharing.

Lucy Kippist
    Up
    elissa.doxey, post: 258275, member: 88225 wrote:
    Sitting down with a morning coffee and planning out my day (rather than reading the news/facebook/getting distracted by emails). I find I’m able to prioritise better and get my mind into work mode after the manic school drop-off!

Love this Elissa, I have recently discovered the importance of completely ignoring social media until at least an hour into my day for this very reason! I also have started trying to write my to-do list the night before to keep me focussed.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    Lucy Kippist, post: 258263, member: 98720 wrote:
    For me, the habit that’s made the most difference to daily life is committing to drinking twice as much water every single day. I thought I was drinking enough till I started to drink one Litre after I woke up (before eating anything) and then another Litre before lunch and dinner. It has made a huge difference to how I feel throughout the whole day. Sounds hard but it’s amazing how quickly you get used to it.

What about you? Doesn’t have to be health related of course…

+1 on the water habit, it makes a big difference. Occasionally I slip a bit when the weather is cooler, but soon get going again when I realise I’m feeling like crap.

It also stops me pigging out on brewed coffee at dawn. Another habit I enjoy but not so good for you.

Lucy Kippist
    Up

Coffee at dawn sounds great but I hear you on the balance :)

Thanks for sharing, Greg!

sumeyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I’ve learnt to say NO.

LukeChester
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

The best habit I’ve ever started is drinking a glass of water with lemon at the beginning of every single day. It makes me really awake, and I meet a new day with joy.

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I’ve been doing the same thing, watching my diet, drinking more water, not using bad words and trying to make it a habit, but we live in a world where most of the things we try to fix, people actively use. So I decided to change the habit and put there reading books, which will help me in the development of our time, learn something new every day….

Callie_Simmons
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

The best habits I acquired are watching my diet, not drinking much coffee throughout the day, exercising for 15 minutes two times a day, and spending some time learning French every day.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Always try to make as much money as possible and increase your financial cushion.

Wondershare Filmora
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Having a glass of water with a slice of lemon at the beginning of each and every day is the most beneficial routine that I have ever established for myself. It jolts me up to the thrill of a new day, and it makes me feel very alive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.