Home – New Forums New here? Share your story The Cardigan Mecca Has Arrived!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cardiganstore
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

About Us
    My name is Alex and my girlfirend Kelly and I are about to launch an online business http://www.cardiganstore.com.au! We are currently working through the finishing touches to the website and hope to launch before the end of the month. I have been using flyingsolo to research the ins and outs of starting a business and found it really helpful! Now I hope to learn all about how to the take the business to the next stage and beyond!!

The Concept
    The idea came from Kelly during her many years working in retail and having countless women everyday telling of their troubles finding a decent cardi. The more we thought about it the more we realised that a cardigan is probably the most versatile garment in any woman’s (or man’s) wardrobe. It can be worn on any occasion from bumming around on the couch on Sundays through to workplaces, a cocktail party or even on your wedding day!

The Retail Experience
    We are also excited about the idea of returning retailing to the “good ole days” when you bought your shoes from a shoe maker and your hat from a milliner. The average customer does not buy a complete outfit from a single store as they tend to be searching for that one key item. So now all cardigan searchers have a destination – cardiganstore!

Thanks for reading about us and our business and I look forward to some really good knowledge sharing with other small business owners.

Alex.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Alex and Kelly,

Welcome to Flying Solo – I’m very excited to meet you, and not just because you’re our 13,000th member!

I totally agree with you about the importance of a good cardi, and wish there were more in mine! Please be sure to let us know when your site is up and running so we can all head over to check it out.

All the best,
    Jayne

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

I think I’m in love with your business already! I do Sign Language interpreting, and finding a basic, warm, plain cardi is really hard. I love cardigans, easier than jumpers.

Nice to meet you!

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Alex,
    A very warm welcome to you! Let us know when you’ve finished knitting your site :)
    Cheers
    Peter

leannes
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Great idea guys!

Raky
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Looking forward to the end product!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like exciting times for your business!

Be sure to let us know when the website is up and running!

– Jake

cardiganstore
    Up

Hi Everyone,

The website is not quite ready to launch, however we have commenced a pre-launch offer to celebrate.

10% off and free shipping for LIFE!!!

All you have to do is go to http://www.cardiganstore.com.au and add your details – simple as that and no obligation to buy :)

I would really appreciate it if, as fellow small business owners, you could take the time to support us by passing this offer through to all your friends and encouraging them to do the same. Go on, let’s start a cardi revolution!!!

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Cheers,
    Alex

ps. It is really exciting when we receive notification of people signing up that we have never met. Social and viral networking really is a powerful machine!!

cardiganstore
    Up

The site has (finally) gone live so check it out!

http://www.cardiganstore.com.au

Let me know what you think as being new to the ecommerce game (websites in generally actually) we are very keen to get as much feedback as possible.

Thanks!

Raky
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

The end product looks great!

I hope you’re having a successful launch.

SheInspires
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

I love how you’re sharing care advise:

“I’m Crepe Yarn (Viscose mix) & not fussed if you hand wash me. My soul is delicate so treat me with care. I ‘grow’ on a hanger so keep me folded snug as a bug!”

Giving personality to the cardis is a great idea!

All the best with the new venture.

Kind regards,
    Belinda

cardiganstore
    Up

Thanks everyone for the support and positive comments!

It has been almost a month since we launched yet it feels like a year… We continue to hear good feedback about the site and concept, and our sales are building momentum.

Leading into the spring racing season we are running a Spring Racing CARDI-vale promo with 20% off all stock, and 30% off for Founding Members! So keep your eyes peeled for that :)

Alex.

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Love it – you could do a blog about styling – ways to wear it, basing outfits around the cardi so you’re adding value to the experience beyong simply making a purchase. You could also invite customers to send a photo of themselves in their cardi at an event (eg. friend’s wedding Melbourne cup) – get yourself a cult following.

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

ps – had a look at your website, just a couple of things that stood out – 1. some people may be put off by the lack of .au on the web address (might think they’re buying from overseas when it redirects to a .com site), 2. some nice pics of real women wearing a cardy in different seasons/situations would be nice, to make your site more welcoming/friendly. No need to splash out on a model and photographer, just use stock photos, eg.
    cardis.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.