Home – New Forums Tell me straight… The cobblers children…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sam Feedbackloop.com.au
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Sam and I recently did a bunch of work on our app and to celebrate a successful release we decided to stick a new front end on it. I wanted to pshop up some new admin screens but we were pressed for time so we mooched a bootstrap template and hacked it around.

I kind of hate our website, but I’d be good to get some impartial feedback.

URL is http://fbk.io

Mostly interested to know if you find it compelling. Also, what you think of the hero image and if you can see anything obviously wrong.

Cheers,
    nath

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Nath,

I’ll kick things off for you by saying that I really like how clean it all is.

On the other hand, there are also some aspects that I think you can improve.

• Although the puppy is cute, I think he’s taking up too much space above the fold, and I don’t understand the relevance. I felt like I needed to scroll quite a long way to figure out what you actually do, and even then, the explanation given felt very cursory – I’d want to know A LOT more detail before I’d sign up (but I may not be typical).
    • I presume that the testimonials on the bottom of the screen are the kind of things you’re talking about? If so, I’d make that clear, because one of the questions I’d be asking if I were seriously considering using it is ‘What will it look like on my site?’ (along with how do I install it and how difficult is it to do that?’
    • I’d also be keen to know how the testimonials appear on the social media pages of the various people who leave testimonials (e.g. do they pop up in their contacts’ Facebook feeds?)
    • Finally, just a minor point – in the graphic of the cycle, you’ve left out the c in ‘acquire’

Sorry if any of that wasn’t what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps.

Good luck for the rest of your review – I’ll be interested to learn what others have to say too.

Jayne

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Nath,

I also like the simplicity of it, its comfortable. I like the puppy is cute but dont like how half the last word cuts across its eyes. The url may be a little confusing to some if your targeting an Australian market. I like the concept too, its got potential.

Steve

Sam Feedbackloop.com.au
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks guys, Good feedback.

Its a real coin-flip on that dog. The puppy is meant to represent loyalty since its a dog, but we only decided that after we put it up. I’m not sold on filling the whole screen with an image but we suffer trying to put an image to “trust”, “testimonials” and “feedback” – if anyone can suggest anything other than handshakes and awful american stock photography we’d be grateful.

We’re plugging in a new CMS and I’ve been working on the blog, once its all smooshed together I think we’ll at least review the hero image.

Agree re .IO top level, thats mostly just “start up” lip service and we have the .au as well.

Thanks for your time and valuable feedback.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    fbk.io, post: 170399 wrote:
    Thanks guys, Good feedback.

Its a real coin-flip on that dog. The puppy is meant to represent loyalty since its a dog, but we only decided that after we put it up. I’m not sold on filling the whole screen with an image but we suffer trying to put an image to “trust”, “testimonials” and “feedback” – if anyone can suggest anything other than handshakes and awful american stock photography we’d be grateful.

We’re plugging in a new CMS and I’ve been working on the blog, once its all smooshed together I think we’ll at least review the hero image.

Agree re .IO top level, thats mostly just “start up” lip service and we have the .au as well.

Thanks for your time and valuable feedback.

I get the puppy (I have a lab!), however I think that you need to work on your messaging. What you do isn’t really well understood. So if you could be a bit more descriptive in your header, it won’t matter too much about whether you have a puppy or no puppy.

Words communicate our message and connect with our ideal customers. That is where the focus needs to be at the moment.

Jenny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.