Home – New Forums Other discussions The Perfect Day.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

So… I’m trying this front he business center in the Sheraton Fiji… I had a lovely time with my family… and while we where here I realized

“GOSH how lucky we are in Australia”

So we went to the local village School and we had a tour…
    We brought with us a small and a medium bag with pencils and school supplies.

Sebastian my 5 year old gave them away to their teacher.

Sebastian class size is just 6 kids… at home in Merimbula.
    His same class-level had 50 kids… and many of them coudn’t afford pencils.
    So our bag with enough school supplies for the 50 kids was lthe best present in the world.

The I though….

How much could it cost me to “gear up” every single kid in the school each year?

Well, there are 300 kids…. (quiet a lot yeah?) but Pencils + coloring pens + some little tiny things from the Reject Shop cost me $5…

So I found my new challenge… to provide enough pencils and pens to a the whole school each year.

Not very difficult to achieve, specially if keep in mind how much some pencils and paper can really help some kids here.

I spent 10 days in Fiji… but today, was simply the best day ever. It was fantastic to see so many kids so happy.

It’s very powerful to see the POWER of giving back… the power of just taking action…

* Funny wise there are 15 members of FlyingSolo that are my customers at the moment… and i just want to say to them:

Their investment end up in some amazing hands today. Thanks guys!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Gab,

That’s a lovely story – thanks for sharing it with us, and we hope the warm and fuzzies stay with you long after the holiday has ended.

Love your work!
    Jayne, Peter, Robert and Sam

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

great Story Gab. We spent X-mas last year at the Sheraton, beautiful hotel! I am sorry to say that we did not get to visit the schools – assume that tour was not on at X-mas, but cudos to you for making a difference.

Perhaps a philanthropic website with some awesome SEO could be in the midst… ;)

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

thanks guys

Here is a quick photo.
    Mmm can yo spot the Aussie kid? ;)

[IMG]http://www.internetninja.com.au/wp-content/themes/pork-and-beans/scripts/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/P1100158.jpg&h=300&w=562&zc=1&q=100[/IMG]
    businessforsale
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Gab – Great Post makes us feel Good.

Well done mate

NIck

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Seeing your son Sebastian and the kids enjoying their activities and bonding time is a precious moment. Thanks for sharing!

Sunnys
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Its such a great story, I am moved. I sponsor the school fees for 3 girls in India, I know how great it feels to give back.
    Well Done.

Regards
    Sunny Kaur

Sangeeth10
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

You are so generous and we should appreciate your good effort.I’m really glad that you post this story and the photo.It was a perfect day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.