Home – New Forums Marketing mastery The Politics of Pussy. Genius!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Beautician
    • Total posts: 180
    Up
    ::

whats-new-pussycat-front1.jpg

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Or are you thinking what they’re thinking?

Either way, this is a poster that is causing a storm in a very lucrative teacup.

Have a look at it. Women in a corset sitting on a chair with a cat. A greeting sits underneath with a notice that if you book in for a wax, some of the proceeds will go to the Animal Welfare League.

Apparently, it doesn’t take much to switch on a dirty mind.

Christian lobby groups are calling it shocking, feminists on Facebook are crying “sexual objectification!” Yahoo is calling it ‘crude’.

Meanwhile, Recreate Yourself is rustling up unbelieveable sales and bookings. And, with the vast (and paying) majority of people appreciating the humour, it’s gone viral and now a lot of people who would otherwise not know who they are, do, and are travelling up and down the Qld coast to book.

Now if I could only think of something like that.

Gold.

Matt Hanson
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

If it were my business idea I’d sign up to yahoo and join the complainers. It’s clearly adding to their sales!

Ii really wonder if any one was ever offended by this at all.. I’m suspicious that the business itself didn’t make up the complaints or help inspire them.

Its really not offensive at all, in my opinion, but then there are lots of people in this world. I’ve met some very conservative people coming through my business before, so who knows.

I might see if i can think of something similar for my business.

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up

As Tom Jones would say…Woah, Woah…Sorry could not resist…

I call it Genius…

I saw that this morning on the Today show and considering some businesses are doing it tough it’s an innovative way of attracting customers.

Hullabaloo is good…Lucky Pussycat…

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up
    Matt Hanson, post: 82495 wrote:
    I might see if i can think of something similar for my business.

I have a suggestion for you, but If I were to mention it I would be “Booted” out from the FS Forum…ha ha…

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

oh i liike! everything about it. like like like like. :)

MrSmithers
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

For a few years I have contracted to install advertising. Not once has anyone complained of scantily clad women in knickers/underwear – even the ones that are ‘in your face’. But they do complain (a lot) about movies and games that depict violence. huh

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

personally I don’t like it

I my self could not use it or a variation of it for my business, to me it looks sleazy and with no class

am I offended? No, I just don’t like it and I do not have the attitude- “I’ll do anything to make a buck”

They are starting to complain about women models at Trade shows and some trade show exhibition organisers ban them.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hahaha that’s great! :D

Quote:
    Ii really wonder if any one was ever offended by this at all.. I’m suspicious that the business itself didn’t make up the complaints or help inspire them.

Oh I’m sure they are very very real. Those conservative types really have nothing better to do than to complain about anything that may be a little out of the norm/racy.

The Infotainer
    Up

if possible could you provide a link to the proof of

Meanwhile, Recreate Yourself is rustling up unbelieveable sales and bookings

It’s not that I don’t believe you I just like to study the entire topic

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Great ad in my opinion,

Grabs attention, gets people talking, offers an appealing additional benefit beyond the service itself (in this case animal welfare) and the brand is itself used as the call to action.

Jeez how many boxes can a good ad tick?

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Have to agree with Aidan – as far as being a successful ad (generating publicity) it’s a sure winner!

As far as it being offensive… the question was asked last night (7pm Project): would it be sexually objectifying if it was a male model sitting with a rooster between his legs?

I don’t think there would be half the ‘moral outrage’.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Well Mrs Slocombe complained about her pussy for years on ‘Are You Being Served’ at a time when the world was much more prudish….

It’s clever and maybe some equally clever promo should be devised to put a $1 towards the beef producers in Nth Aust.

Any good ideas?!

The Infotainer
    Up

We talk about going viral

However does this mean that

1: The advert went viral, people spreading it around because they like the message and the service and the message is getting spread

or

2: People spread it around because they think the ad is funny or whatever they think

I think option 2 is essentially is a waste of time, (it’s the quantity v’s quality argument) and I think this ad falls into category 2. I cannot find anything on the web with regards to a boost in sales.

having 2 million hits or views means nothing if those 2 million are not your customers.

if anyone can help, show links not to people talking about the ad, but how we know that sales have gone up. or PM me with links as I don’t believe you can link to outside pages on this forum.

but I cannot find a shred of evidence that sales have gone up.

People are talking about the ad – is it good or bad or whatever- Personally I would prefer people going to my website and spreading the news that my products are great and I have great service and prices, thats how you stay in business.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

I’m willing to bet the ad will be successful in increasing business though I guess we’ll have to ask the owners sometime down the track to be sure. It’s not the first time this type of ad has been done, indeed this particular ad is a very close imitation of a successful ad that ran in Singapore a couple of years ago, it even has the same tagline.

Funnily enough I’ll bet they get some male enquiries too!

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I think it’s good marketing, and I think the brand exposure it will get will be really good.

Even if it doesn’t instantly bring swarms of customers through the doors, it’s still a successful campaign if their brand is discussed all over the place.

It could be improved though:

I didn’t realise their business name was “Recreate Yourself” until someone said it was, I just though it was a nice tag line.

Not many people will call a number just to find out what something’s about. A website URL would have been very valuable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.