Home Forums Marketing mastery The Spam Pandemic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180

Hi all,

Hope you’re all doing well, all things considered.

I don’t know about you guys, but since the beginning of lockdown I’ve been inundated with spam (unsolicited sales emails) from Aussie companies. They’re telling me all sorts of nonsense about doing business during COVID-19, while trying to convince me to part with my cash.

I understand times are tough and that everyone has to make a living despite all odds. But spamming people with clickbaity, unhelpful subject lines is not only annoying, it’s unlawful.

Have you been experiencing the same thing?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I was going to post exactly the same thing with scams. Scams everywhere from a sudden influx of those scam letters telling me to use them to renew my business name registrations, to those ‘puppies for sale’ scams on Facebook, getting away with it because now they have an excuse for not letting a buyer come to se the puppy.
    I really hope people are experienced enough with these scams to ignore them, but I am afraid that many people will still get caught.

heylouise
    Participant
    • Total posts: 86

I have not seen an increase of email marketing or unsolicited spam.

I have seen spam from shops that normally sell clothing offering to sell hand sanitiser though.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Yes a huge increase of SPAM, the biggest is from the digital marketers. But across the board

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691

Ditto, an avalanche of rubbish and useless offers…

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Huge increase here, especially from Russia.

I have had the hand sanitiser and for some reason, fitness related spam as well as the usual.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.