Home – New Forums Tech talk The “Trick” to Ranking on Google SEO Companies use

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    ::

The trick is simple.

SEO (search engine optimisation) is online relationship building. Building relationships is the pre-requisite to the SEO trick SEO companies use.

They have friends that you don’t have. Make friends with website owners, authorities in your niche and “sell” your business name.

Prove to google you have friends. Show google people value you. Google offers searchers value. Prove your worth.

Make good friends, simple.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Link building and outreach is just one part of search engine optimisation. SEO guys have no more “friends” than any SEO client however we can perform outreach on a client’s behalf to build relationships, with high authority websites in their industry, in an attempt to build stronger links.

As it’s been said on here previously onsite optimisation plays a huge part, get that right first. Then start content marketing, building links or a combination of the two.

There are no tricks, no magic wands. Just hard work and being dedicated to a long term strategy.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Einstein had mentioned the truth is simple. Those who complicate things, he said, don’t know “it” yet.

The trick is to make friends/build relationships. To elaborate for those who may want to know more:

Find those who already rank on google for terms you’d like to rank under.
    Become their friend, meet them in person, hang out, get a backlink.

One backlink like this that cost you the time/money spoent of acquiring a friend could well be worth the $200/month you can’t afford (nor need to) starting out.

Prove to google your site is worth it.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

This isn’t a “trick” at all.

It’s called “outreach”. Any reputable SEO agency will do this for you.

The words “trick” and “SEO” really shouldn’t be used in the same sentence.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    DreamscanbeVisions, post: 203424 wrote:
    Einstein had mentioned the truth is simple. Those who complicate things, he said, don’t know “it” yet.

The trick is to make friends/build relationships. To elaborate for those who may want to know more:

Find those who already rank on google for terms you’d like to rank under.
    Become their friend, meet them in person, hang out, get a backlink.

One backlink like this that cost you the time/money spoent of acquiring a friend could well be worth the $200/month you can’t afford (nor need to) starting out.

Prove to google your site is worth it.

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

But there is no evidence he ever said it.

Still cool quote.

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up

To be truthful, I put in a lot of hard work to find my targeted customers, and there is no way I’m making close associations online with my competitors, let alone, link to to them, no matter how great their content is.

I just focus on improving my website to be the best and most trustworthy, finding my customers, and that’s why the SE’s like my site.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

This sounds like “the secret”…

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Dreams,
    After 20 years in this SEO game, I have found the SEO trick is very simple but different to what you claim.

What website owners need to do is qualify for the widest range of relevant search questions then rank on the first page of results.

Most SE referrals are lost because websites don’t qualify for the search phrases that most people use.

I humbly submit that any SEO who places link building at the core of SEO is a fool to themselves and a danger to others.
    Regs,
    JohnW

JamesNorquay
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

The thing is usually brands are too busy to go out an make relationships. This is why they request help to do so.

The thing is Link Building and relationship building is only one part of many different things you need to start thinking about.

It is kind of like PR agencies they only do relationship building and getting the word out that is all their job is.

WebSeed PH
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I would prefer to call it ingenious and clever ways. It’s all about hard work with compromising things up. It’s kind of a long term strategy but definitely worth the while if you’re on the right track.

Adam Hodgson
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

On page and offpage SEO are important. John is correct that if these two are not aligned then you are wasting time.

Dreams – It is a good reminder to continue to build those online relationships

JohnW, post: 203620 wrote:
    Hi Dreams,
    After 20 years in this SEO game, I have found the SEO trick is very simple but different to what you claim.

What website owners need to do is qualify for the widest range of relevant search questions then rank on the first page of results.

Most SE referrals are lost because websites don’t qualify for the search phrases that most people use.

I humbly submit that any SEO who places link building at the core of SEO is a fool to themselves and a danger to others.
    Regs,
    JohnW

natiive
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

The one thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that it also depends on what you are trying to rank for.

If it’s a small niche or local area often not much needs to be done beyond on-page optimisation. Getting all the basics right with Titles, META Description, Heading tags, targeting but not spammy content etc…

But of course if you’re after a competitive term the comments here are correct, no tricks, good content that others like.

yesitsme
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Every trick can be your last one because Google hates Black Hat.

But real SEO tricks you can find in Russian market, e.g. cloaking, redirections, black hat tools for BL.

Very hard get to knowledge.

SteveK
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

As an SEO consultant that focuses mainly on on-site optimisation, I’m constantly amazed at the number of new clients I get that have spent 12 months with an SEO company, seeing slowly improving results (or none, or backwards movement), but their websites have never been optimised by the SEO company, not even the basic stuff like Titles and h1 headings.

I suspect that it’s a deliberate thing that some companies do because it’s more profitable to deliver small monthly improvements over a long time than focus on website optimisation from the outset and send the customer on their way.

yesitsme
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Website optimalization is mostly a one time service but SEO is a process and this is more complicated because you dont know the rules and even if you think that you know something Google can change the algorythm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.