Home – New Forums Selling online Thermal Printer for AusPost/DHL/Fastway/etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jlev
    Participant
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

Hi – any suggestions for a 4″x6″ thermal printer that can print labels for the following:

• Australia Post (domestic. regular and express)
    • Australia Post Standard International
    • Fastway (domestic)
    • DHL eCommerce Packet Plus (international)
    • Sendle

Ideally I’d have just one Zebra or Dymo for all of the above, not having to change paper/etc, and just pop it on the network so anyone could print from it, but would like to hear from someone who already has set up something like this.

Printing on A4 paper is no longer efficient….

tommyvercetti
    Up

I recently purchased a wifi version of the Zebra GX420D and so far so good.

It’s pretty much set and forget. We have it working on multiple pcs, I recommend getting the network option if you want it working with multiple computers and want it sitting as a standalone unit.

We use it with 6×4 labels. We use it for Australia Post, Startrack, TNT and anything that uses 6×4 format. You shouldn’t have any issues with any carrier as long as they output their labels in that format.

We use to have an old datamax thermal and upgraded to this because it was too slow. The Zebra is much faster and there is no pause between labels.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    jlev, post: 262318, member: 100774 wrote:
    Hi – any suggestions for a 4″x6″ thermal printer that can print labels for the following:

• Australia Post (domestic. regular and express)
    • Australia Post Standard International
    • Fastway (domestic)
    • DHL eCommerce Packet Plus (international)
    • Sendle

Ideally I’d have just one Zebra or Dymo for all of the above, not having to change paper/etc, and just pop it on the network so anyone could print from it, but would like to hear from someone who already has set up something this.

Printing on A4 paper is no longer efficient….

Howdy

We use (and sell, although not plugging just advising) both Dymo and Zebra… Both are excellent items, even brother (which we do not sell) has some decent 6×4 printers as well…

If you are a smaller operation and run from home (generally inferring lower volumes), the Dymo seems to be the one for choice – namely as it can take other labels should your requirements change – like barcode labels – smaller shipping etc etc.

From a robust perspective and high volume site that JUST WANTS 4×6 the Zebra 420DT is awesome – as are there other printers (various types of 4×6 they have)… Although price point tends to be higher on zebras.

It will come down to how you use it and how often and your setup.. As Tommy says, we also use the Zebra 420 in the warehouse and its faultless (unless i have to reset the settings on the odd occasion) – whereas the Dymo has more of a consumer feel to the software and so forth.

Just a quick question, you mention Australia Post Standard International – i dont believe that you can reduce theres to a 4×6 label stick on as they need 2 copies in clear sleeves/envelopes outside the box as least (some locations still need 4 copies printed (1 ap – 1 customs – 1 you – 1 copy on the parcel itself).. Although other requests are achievable.

Let us know how you go..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    jlev
    Participant
    Up

Hi – thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like I’m getting a Zebra 420 :)

Thanks for the heads up re: Australia Post Standard International. We actually only use it in certain specific cases and I had forgotten which paperwork is required.

Jason you mentioned the Dymo software, and I was wondering how much software configuration is required? And whether you actually spend much time in the software? I’m hoping Windows will just detect and install everything it needs and then we can start printing.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    jlev, post: 262334, member: 100774 wrote:
    Hi – thanks for the quick replies. Sounds like I’m getting a Zebra 420 :)

Thanks for the heads up re: Australia Post Standard International. We actually only use it in certain specific cases and I had forgotten which paperwork is required.

Jason you mentioned the Dymo software, and I was wondering how much software configuration is required? And whether you actually spend much time in the software? I’m hoping Windows will just detect and install everything it needs and then we can start printing.

Howdy,

With the dymo, software is more ‘consumer’ focused and is easy to use – but you can bypass depending on interface a little – whereas zebra just works..

If you opt for a zebra, hit me up if you want and i will see if i can help you price wise – always happy to help out a flying soloist from the forums – price varies although i think we had a bulk buy recently and got some ok pricing… dont feel obligated, but happy to help if you need.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    tommyvercetti
    Up

I forgot to mention that we have an older dymo as well, it’s not really great for volume and the software was a pain.
    We use to use it when we had small volume and printed the casual shipping label. After we got a more serious printer, we used it for printing barcodes but the quality wasn’t good enough for longer barcodes so we got a dedicated zebra printer for barcodes.

The main issue with software is that it’s clunky and I couldn’t figure out a way to save a template for the standard windows print. If I wanted to print a barcode from chrome, I would have to go through 3 or 4 settings to get the barcode to print correctly.
    With the Zebra, I set up a template and as soon as I select the printer, all the settings are correct.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    tommyvercetti, post: 262365, member: 68952 wrote:
    I forgot to mention that we have an older dymo as well, it’s not really great for volume and the software was a pain.
    We use to use it when we had small volume and printed the casual shipping label. After we got a more serious printer, we used it for printing barcodes but the quality wasn’t good enough for longer barcodes so we got a dedicated zebra printer for barcodes.

The main issue with software is that it’s clunky and I couldn’t figure out a way to save a template for the standard windows print. If I wanted to print a barcode from chrome, I would have to go through 3 or 4 settings to get the barcode to print correctly.
    With the Zebra, I set up a template and as soon as I select the printer, all the settings are correct.

Yeah, agree with this.. whilst the Dymo are great, they are pitched to lower volume consumer or smaller businesses – with the interface being friendly, but intrusive on processes at times.. whereas Zebra, well, point and print depending on programs you feed into it – or from.. We run 3 zebras on the floor and one in the office + a dymo – although we rarely run the dymo and fall back to it for smaller labels for retail or barcodes or other – oh my, the zebra barcode printer is AWESOME….

J

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

ok, for us following this thread, and wanting to research the 2 options proposed, whats the model number for the Dymo.

TIA

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    bb1, post: 262381, member: 53375 wrote:
    ok, for us following this thread, and wanting to research the 2 options proposed, whats the model number for the Dymo.

TIA

Hey Buddy

Dymo 4XL – print 4×6 freight labels and lesser sized
    * EDIT.. there are many more options than just the 2 proposed, however, it was sort of steered via the OP

J

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    bb1, post: 262381, member: 53375 wrote:

TIA

Or this one :D
    https://www.harryluke.com.au/products/dymo-labelwriter-4xl

and I AM NOT ASKING FOR FEEDBACK ON MY WEBSITE.. LOL…

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    LucasArthur, post: 262384, member: 34537 wrote:
    I AM NOT ASKING FOR FEEDBACK ON MY WEBSITE.. LOL…
    :(:(:(
    jlev
    Participant
    Up
    LucasArthur, post: 262336, member: 34537 wrote:
    If you opt for a zebra, hit me up if you want and i will see if i can help you price wise

Thanks Jason. Will speak to the boss and get back to you :)

Tobbiech
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hey guys! I just found 4 printers which work flawlessly with these courier companies,

[Mod Edit To Remove Overly Promotional Material]

happy printing:)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Tobbiech, post: 270645, member: 118635 wrote:
    Hey guys! I just found 4 printers which work flawlessly with these courier companies,

check these out on eBay

BEEPME thermal printer
    FAROW Thermal printer
    AUSPRINT thermal printer
    AUTO CUT thermal printer

happy printing:)

No offence, well some intended, although this is a very dodgy way to self promote and manipulate ebay titles… The subversive nature in which you have tried to ‘recommend’ a good product in old threads would concern me as a buyer…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.