Home – New Forums Tell me straight… thewebtrafficexperiment.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thewebtrafficexperiment
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I am very new to webdesign, SEO, online marketing etc – and am having a great time learning the ropes.

Would love to get some feedback on my new blog site.

http://www.thewebtrafficexperiment.com

There’s a fair bit that needs critiquing (so feel free to be as critical as you’d like) however the two main areas I’d like to focus on are:

1. Home page. Is there too much text and does it require more images. Is this too similar to ‘about’ page. if so, what should replace it?
    2. Onpage SEO of the site in general. I am working on my SEO knowledge (coming off a very low base!) and would like any comments on where it can be improved.

To give some background, I use the site to trial a few different techniques for web traffic etc (full explanation on the about page)

Its designed purely as a resource site, with some limited affiliate marketing designed to pay the bills.

Thanks, appreciate any comments

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

1. possibly, but I found it fine.. your site is informational, and I found it refreshing to actually find content and not a load of peripheral junk.

Your site appeared clean and fresh to me, maybe a few more images would hold peoples attention, I’m an obsessive reader, so it doesn’t worry me if there’s no images, but I’m probably not typical.

2. SEO is not my game but I do try to stay abreast of what works and I think the future is clean semantic code (yours looks to be good), and good relevant content. From what I did read I think you’ve got that covered too. The stuff I did read was solid information, backed up by data and sources … something rare online today.

If I was back at the beginning, trying to work out this “web” stuff, I would have liked to come across your site and follow your progress.

My only real criticism, is wether you need the the link to “Gravatar”, I hit the link and got a little confused … it’s just an image (not a bio) and then I realised I was on another site, with no return link (apart from the back button-unless I missed it). Seemed a bit pointless to me, maybe do an article on how Gravatar works, then display it.

Bottom line is, I liked your site and think it’s a useful resource.

Greg

thewebtrafficexperiment
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    estim8, post: 161259 wrote:
    1. possibly, but I found it fine.. your site is informational, and I found it refreshing to actually find content and not a load of peripheral junk.

Your site appeared clean and fresh to me, maybe a few more images would hold peoples attention, I’m an obsessive reader, so it doesn’t worry me if there’s no images, but I’m probably not typical.

2. SEO is not my game but I do try to stay abreast of what works and I think the future is clean semantic code (yours looks to be good), and good relevant content. From what I did read I think you’ve got that covered too. The stuff I did read was solid information, backed up by data and sources … something rare online today.

If I was back at the beginning, trying to work out this “web” stuff, I would have liked to come across your site and follow your progress.

My only real criticism, is wether you need the the link to “Gravatar”, I hit the link and got a little confused … it’s just an image (not a bio) and then I realised I was on another site, with no return link (apart from the back button-unless I missed it). Seemed a bit pointless to me, maybe do an article on how Gravatar works, then display it.

Bottom line is, I liked your site and think it’s a useful resource.

Greg

Hi Greg,
    thanks for the constructive comments (and for taking the time to write them).

Good point re Gravatar, your right the link is confusing. thanks for the blogpost suggestion.

Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.