Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Think I’ve found a niche but need fresh eyes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m hoping this isn’t considered spam but if it is I apologise in advance! I need a fresh pair (or lots of fresh pairs) of eyes on an idea I’ve had because I like it but I may just be caught up in my own excitement.

My firm offers internet marketing services but I’ve had a few discussions with potential and current clients lately who aren’t able to spare the expense of a managed internet marketing campaign or who can spare it but feel they don’t need to hire an outside company because they have the human resources in-house.

However, the common theme is that they don’t have the internet marketing knowledge required to back their efforts.

So, with that said I’ve tentatively “launched” a new service: consultation. I know internet marketing services are usually called consultations but this is more in the traditional meaning of the word. Rather than have us perform the research, log in to the site, do the on-site work, investigate the off-site factors, etc., we’ll provide ongoing advice and support whenever a client needs it for a monthly retainer. Obviously this cuts our costs right down so we can charge much less for it and clients are able to use their own resources with our knowledge and experience behind them.

Does this seem like a good idea or am I way off? I’ve run it past a few people who seem to like it but it’s too small of a sample for me to really get an idea.

So, before I throw money at advertising it: does anyone have any feedback?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

It’s a good idea, as long as you can make it work.

I’ve heard of quite a few marketeers offering such a service.

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 164736 wrote:
    It’s a good idea, as long as you can make it work.

As with anything, I guess. The numbers work but there’s no test like reality.

MatthewKeath, post: 164736 wrote:
    I’ve heard of quite a few marketeers offering such a service.

And I thought I was unique!

Cheers, mate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.