Home – New Forums Starting your journey Thinking about providing free stuff to kick start the business is a good idea?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Krisy
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

We are about to officially launch our website. To kick start the business I was thinking maybe I should provide some free stuff to get the business going. I want to provide some free dining ware to someone who wants to open a restaurant, or certain amount of free promotional material for a business, or free design/plate fee for someone who wants to change their product packaging? This is just my thoughts and I just want to provide some stuff to kick start the business. Do you think this is a good idea? And anyone who is in search of the stuff above can contact me to work something out.
    Our website will be soon available please feel free to visit http://www.ausgosourcing.com.au

Krisy

Krisy
    Up

Hi Nevenka,

Thanks for your advice. I am seriously considering giving away some stuff, look at it as a way of advertising. I browsed your website and i will definitely consider it in the future as I do need a place to be my office, but I may also need a warehouse. Will keep your company in mind!
    Krisy

nevenkas5, post: 0 wrote:
    Hi Krisy,

I think be careful you don’t damage your cashflow when you are first starting out. Would a sample be sufficient to get a buyer accross the line instead of giving away the freebies.

Also if you are doing giveaway, would you be able to get something in return e.g. free press, images that you can use on your site, a written testimonial?

I went to your Contact Us page and noticed that you don’t appear to be contactable also if someone would want to place an order. If you are working from home or need a branch office we can help you with that. Take a look at our website at http://www.servcorp.com.au for more information.

Warm regards,

Nevenka Sheridan

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Krisy,

I have also had a look at your website, and one point is confusing me a little bit – obviously your business is just starting based on your post, but the About Us information speaks about the business itself having been around for 15 odd years. The way it reads comes across that whoever is now operating the business is doing so from Melbourne, after beginning in China. If you have purchased the business, or, become an Australian distributor for the China company you may over time find that this needs to be a little clearer for visitors to your site – you don’t want to provide potentially misleading information, which I am sure is not your intention! :)

On the ‘freebies’ question – I think that this can be a really great way to market and advertise your business – so long as, as Nevenka noted, you are careful about your cash flow.

Am by no means an expert of this type of thing but have jotted down off the top of my head thoughts of things I would consider doing if I was in your business and position.

As it seems the business itself has been around for a while, but new to Australia, you may not want to make it sound too much like a ‘new and starting’ business – but perhaps would be more effective to “celebrate the launch of the Australian AUSGO office” or something to that affect, and to celebrate we are giving away “something” to our first 50 customers; or to all customers on the day of our “grand opening” etc. By limiting the number of customers/or time frame valid you limit the amount you are out of pocket + create a sense of urgency that people ‘have’ to buy today or they will miss out on something.

Perhaps even a give away could be in conjunction with a purchase, rather than purely giving away stuff without getting sales in return? You know like a buy 1 get one free, or buy 1 get 50% off your next purchase etc. Or even “upgrading” any carton/cardboard orders to recycled materials at discounted fee or as a ‘bonus’ – basically something that still sees you getting the sale, but the customer also gets something for nothing?

If nothing else, hope that’s some food for thought! All the best

AquaGirl
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Krisy

If you are so sure of how good your product is (which i assume is why you are in business :) then a small sample to the right people is a great idea, assuming the cost of those samples isnt high. try with a few businesses and see how it goes..

after all, if the product is superior and of good value, people will consider buying from you

cheers
    Linda

Krisy
    Up

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you so so much for the commentss and ideas. It is very true what you pointed out about the information about our company being a little bit confusing. I read back and I was thinking about what point should we focus on, being a factory that ‘s been in the business for a long time, or a newly launched office in Australia? The fact is I work with this factory for a long time and see the potential in business therefore I am setting up my own office here doing business with their support. I guess I need to think over this point and rephrase it. I also love your idea about “upgrade the cartons to recycled one”, such a great idea! We are working on some promotions and may consider this option too! Thank you so so much!

Krisy
    Up

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your advice. I am considering giving out some free samples and catalogues as well. Maybe I will select some areas to begin with. The problem is we have such a big range of products it is very hard to decide what samples to give, and what we provide is more like a service (custom made stuff, printing etc) rather than an actual product. But anyway I think giving away something with our company info on it will be a good idea. Thank you so much for your advice.
    Krisy

AquaGirl, post: 70676 wrote:
    Hi Krisy

If you are so sure of how good your product is (which i assume is why you are in business :) then a small sample to the right people is a great idea, assuming the cost of those samples isnt high. try with a few businesses and see how it goes..

after all, if the product is superior and of good value, people will consider buying from you

cheers
    Linda

Krisy
    Up

Hi Guys,

Our website is up and running now please feel free to visit http://www.ausgosourcing.com.au
    let me know if there is anything you may need. We are keen to give away some free stuff or provide some free service as a way of advertising!

Cheers
    Krisy

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Krisy,
    Just a bit of constructive feedback on your web, I dont like the way each link you click opens you into a new window, this is very frustrating as a user. Good luck with your launch, I will keep an ear to the ground for you too.

Krisy
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 71171 wrote:
    Hi Krisy,
    Just a bit of constructive feedback on your web, I dont like the way each link you click opens you into a new window, this is very frustrating as a user. Good luck with your launch, I will keep an ear to the ground for you too.

Hi Agent Mail,

Thanks for the feedbacks. I will slowly work on that as user’s feedback is very important for us. I also had a browse at your website, looks good! Hope we have a chance to work together in the future! Good luck with your business too.

Krisy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.