Home – New Forums Starting your journey thinking of opening a cafe in QLD?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PlantationCoffee
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Almost on a weekly basis i see new posts on here about someone thinking of venturing into the cafe industry. Sure enough it is a very popular industry and sure enough the majority of those venturing into this field are ready to spend quite a bit of money as an investment.

I’d like to draw your attention to a very important aspect of this industry. Before going any further let me say that the first questions potential cafe owners ask are related to the cost of fit outs , leases , equipment which is of high importance but rarely have i ever noticed anyone speak of how much training might cost- above all this is the determining factor which could make or break your $100 000 investment.

I am sure many have noticed this industry change very quickly over the last decade to the point where a lot of customers even are getting in with becoming knowledgeable with this wonderful beverage called coffee.

1-First and foremost is the freshness of your supply and hence the fresher it is, the better it tastes.
    2-Do you know what the optimum pour of a shot of coffee is?
    3-How well can you steam and texture milk?
    4-Do you always present your coffee with latte art? (people eat with their eyes remember)
    5-Have you any idea what specialty grade beans are?
    6-Do you know what single origins are and what they’re very good at doing?

Id like to know what your experiences are

cheers
    Shaf
    Plantation Coffee Roasters
    Brisbane ,QLD 4112

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Totally agree with you on all the above – I for one have some time in my life looked at opening a coffee shop – I think people see it in the romantic sense and forget about all the hard work behind the scenes.

Don’t forget that this is the one business that has a high failure rate – as per the above it is not simply about making a cup of coffee – if you were looking to buy a business look for something that very few other people are doing and go from there.

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Totally agree with you on all the above – I for one have some time in my life looked at opening a coffee shop – I think people see it in the romantic sense and forget about all the hard work behind the scenes.

Don’t forget that this is the one business that has a high failure rate – as per the above it is not simply about making a cup of coffee – if you were looking to buy a business look for something that very few other people are doing and go from there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.