Home – New Forums Other discussions This site is breaking my machines…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::

Just thought I’d let you guys know; In the last week, every time I come to this site, my flash player crashes on my pc, and my browser crashes on my Android tablet.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

These visa adds slow this machine down too, cant read the page till they get processed.

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

What computer platform (windows or apple mac) and browser are you using?

bluepenguin
    Up

Windows 7 64bit with Firefox 13.0.1. Android 4.0 with stock browser.

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 121115 wrote:
    Windows 7 64bit with Firefox 13.0.1. Android 4.0 with stock browser.

I use the same computer with same browser, and I have never experienced a crash when I use FS.

I also use adblock plus so I have a peace of mind

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 121094 wrote:
    Just thought I’d let you guys know; In the last week, every time I come to this site, my flash player crashes on my pc, and my browser crashes on my Android tablet.

Hi bluepenguin,
    Sorry you’re experiencing this – must be very frustrating!
    We’ve listened to community feedback on the ads and have agreed changes for future campaign, Robert recently posted an update about this.

However, regarding your browser crashing this certainly shouldn’t be happening even with the current campaign. We’ve long had flash ads on the site, with the two new placements being the two side panels which are not flash which is odd. I’ll ask our developer and agency to check if these have been implemented any differently than usual and what can be done.

Thanks very much for letting us know about this.

Cheers
    Peter

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi bluepenguin

Not sure if this discussion is helpful too:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/troubleshoot-adobe-flash-player-has-stopped-working/

Robert

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Known issue with FF & Adobe crashes

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/21/3105524/adobe-flash-player-update-113-firefox

If you’ve been running into Flash video crash issues with Firefox, Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.262 is available now and should take care of the problem. Adobe had previously provided a number of methods to circumvent the issue after complaints started to arrive after the release of Flash Player 11.3 earlier this month, but the new version should alleviate viewing problems without any workarounds.

bluepenguin
    Up

Thanks people.

I just thought I’d let you know, since I only have the problems on this site.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I had major problems on Mac (Lion 10.7.4) / Safari 5.1.7. I was so frustrated because the page locked up or loaded so slowly, I turned off all Flash plugins in order to view Flying Solo. That means I get boxes instead of adverts and it loads fast.

In Firefox 13.0.1 on Mac the Flash works better, but it still makes the page slow to load.

When viewing on iPad or iPhone of course the Flash does not show at all, so much better.

Advertising should take note that Flash is not a good idea anymore, particularly with the high usage now of iPhones and iPads and also customers who use Androids or other phones or tablets who also don’t like Flash.

Also, if you check your Activity settings you will notice that Flash plugins take up a huge amount of ram. Another reason to turn off Flash plugins.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

well fixed the super lag by installing firefox and the adblock addon

now its smoooth sailing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.