Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Thoughts on our website please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kmclean
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

We are fairly new so for now we have gone with a wix site as its what the previous owner of our business had. However im thinking of swapping to shopify for a more professional look?

Thanks http://www.kozykoala.com.au/shop

BarretCoe
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi kmclean,

Looks like the site is using graphics and colours that relate to the target market – parents looking to buy things for kids (I’ve just had a cursory glance at the site to excuse me if I’m wrong)

If you’re after more indepth feedback however, the following guidelines may assist:

‘Community Reviews’: How things work around here.

We invite you to canvas the views of the community on your OWN website, business idea, strategy or concept. If the community likes what you’re doing they’ll tell you. The opposite is also true, so be brave!

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Galaxyhorse
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    kmclean, post: 247889, member: 87287 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

We are fairly new so for now we have gone with a wix site as its what the previous owner of our business had. However im thinking of swapping to shopify for a more professional look?

Congratulations on being in business.
    Yes, this looks fairly typical, do you find there is a good amount of targeted traffic?
    Do you advertise?
    Social media, are you building a community on Facebook?
    The site itself could do with some revision, plus consider setting up a regular article/video posting (what is generically called a ‘blog’) to build online presence and generate relevant traffic-and provide connection/value.
    I think you have a solid beginning – but you need to differentiate yourself and build a distinctive business image, the niche is highly competitive and you need to stand out.
    Social media is definitely a valuable direction if you can manage it, lots of young mums and dads on there!

talart
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

The visual appearance is good. The animations on the home part are much better that the speed of light where the hell??How did that happen irritants that some websites use. Easy to navigate and understand the information. Why lose it, not broken, appealing and already up and recognized as a web address location.

As above a blog and Facebook, twitter linked in links are all good to have

gowebgomobile
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I actually agree with [USER=85074]@talart[/USER] – I’d be putting your money and efforts into generating some interest on Facebook through ads.

You’d need a proper landing page (rather than Home or Shop pages) and know your customer avatar (target market) well but you could easily set up a FB competition (give extra entries when people share on social media) and once people have signed up, nurture them with a series of marketing, educational and informational emails.

Once they have seen your business enough times and know and trust you, they are more likely to buy from you.

Add a Facebook pixel to your site so you can target people who have already shown interest in your shop.

Even $5 per day on FB ads can bring in some highly targeted leads that you can market to in future. (Make sure you don’t just send marketing emails, mix them up with info and tips for your target market). This is not an instant strategy, it takes a bit of time to get targeted people through your sales funnel.

Hope this helps.

marchflower
    Up

Very cool looking! However you will need blog on your site to drive more traffic. And there are not many items to chose. Are you planning to add things?

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Site looks nice, but it doesn’t make much sense. There’s no content to drive home the fact I’ve found what I’m looking for (via search or ads, etc.) or to tout to me that your products are any better than anyone else’s.

In fact, people may mistake you for a shop based in a foreign country – I found a few glaring misspellings on there.

I am also confused why you have a “links” section?

But I am sure it can all be fixed!

kmclean
    Up
    Tom ISW, post: 248915, member: 54379 wrote:
    Site looks nice, but it doesn’t make much sense. There’s no content to drive home the fact I’ve found what I’m looking for (via search or ads, etc.) or to tout to me that your products are any better than anyone else’s.

In fact, people may mistake you for a shop based in a foreign country – I found a few glaring misspellings on there.

I am also confused why you have a “links” section?

But I am sure it can all be fixed!
    Can you tell me the misspellings so i can rectify?

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Kelly,

I couldn’t find any spelling errors, but I only did a quick review. Just make sure when you do advertise you link to your shop page as the landing page.

These products gave me huge flashbacks to my childhood, my Mum used to make most of these things for me as kid, I had my own little sleeping kit, swim bag, chair bags etc etc, they weren’t anywhere near as pretty as your products but I still got the flashback :)

I think maybe to avoid confusion change the “Links” to Social, that way people will know that will take them to your social media pages. I also suggest you get on Instagram as well and all the others that your images would stand out.

Good luck with all of this,
    Cheers
    Mischelle :):)

Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    kmclean, post: 247889, member: 87287 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

Hi [USER=87287]@kmclean[/USER], just wanted to let you know that I can’t see any mispellings on your website either! There is nothing worse than hunting for them when you’re running flat chat. I also really like the website and agree it will appeal to the target market (it certainly appeals to me as a mum of two little ones). I definitely think including your social media links is worthwhile – particularly Facebook. It’s a great tool/incentive/time waster (!) for busy parents who don’t have time to shop during business hours. Like [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] I also really like the vintage/handmade feel of your products. Best of luck to you in these early stages!

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi [USER=87287]@kmclean[/USER]: “nurserys” is not the correct spelling. “Nurseries”, is.

breenai
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi, I think the site is cute and very kid friendly which is what you want when selling products for kids.
    I will give one point of criticism which is very minor but it stuck out a lot to me. The main colour of the website is lovely, but those bright yellow tags on some of the items in the store page does not go well with it. And when you enter the store, you have some very bright items in all different colours…these colours are clashing with the background. If you went for a plain white background on the store page, I believe it would look much better.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Are you tracking conversions? Sales? Cart abandonment?

That’s the most critical point you should be focusing on ahead of anything else.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.