Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Thu 8 Apr – Brisbane meet-up at Newmarket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::

Hi all, just to clarify, the event details are as follows:

Thursday 8th April
    11.30am
    Toscani’s Newmarket
    Cnr Newmarket & Enoggera Roads (next to Newmarket Hotel)

No charge to attend but lunch will be available from Toscani’s delicious menu! Just pay for your own lunch/drinks/coffees.

Bring along business cards and perhaps a flyer or brochure about what your business does. Doesn’t have to be fancy, just something to explain what you and your business are about. About 10 copies ought to do.

As I’ve explained, it’s not a big-deal schmooze-fest. It’s a way to meet others you may or may not have communicated with on Flying Solo and to expand your horizons a little. No pressure, no needing to impress on a grand scale. Everyone will be able to get up and introduce themselves and what they do. Then we’ll eat, drink and be merry … but not so merry that you can’t drive home safely!!! :)

After tomorrow, I’ll post here about how it all went.

Still not too late to RSVP to me regarding your attendance. See you there with bells on.

wordmistress
    Up
    mikmak, post: 33764 wrote:
    I have had a pretty frantic 2 weeks but fortunately, I still have time for lunch. :D

‘Attaboy! I thought it made more sense to coincide it with that must-do activity … eating!

See you then!

wordmistress
    Up

Ok, one hiccup … just phoned Toscani’s to confirm the booking. They’re no longer doing the 2-for-$22 lunch deal but trust me, there are plenty of treats on the menu that won’t break the budget!

The menu can be viewed here.

Sorry, all! :)

wordmistress
    Up

Well the Brisbane get-together was held today and there were 7 of us in attendance:

Michael McWilliams of NetBase Solutions: http://www.netbase.net.au
    Ali of Because You Love It: http://www.becauseyouloveit.com.au
    Scott Richards of Scott Richards Consulting: website to come
    Shirley Farrell of HR Management Services: http://www.shirleyfarrell.com.au
    John Belchamber of Invoke Results: http://www.invokeresults.com
    Thet Ko of Net Ninjas/SuccessMe Web Design: http://www.successme.com.au
    and me, Gina Lofaro aka the wordmistress: http://www.wordmistress.com.au

We enjoyed a tasty lunch at Toscani’s Newmarket, spent the time discussing topics such as twitter, website design, small business, large business, no longer being a victim of the commute or miserable bosses, social media in general, how to market ourselves, and of course, what we each do in our businesses.

It was agreed that it should remain more of a social get-together than a focused business networking event and that monthly would be a good time frame. So, I will post in this thread about the next event and would like to extend an invitation to other Brisbane and nearby small business owners to come along and meet other likeminded folks for lunch. I’ll also post in this actual thread so that those already subscribed to it will learn of the new one.

Thank you to those who attended. It was a pleasure to meet you all! I look forward to seeing you again at the next one :)

See also the photo taken at today’s lunch. From left to right:
    Gina, John, Ali, Thet, Mick, Shirley and Scott.

mikmak
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Great pic Gina. I look like I was drinking all the wine.

wordmistress
    Up

Uh-huh, sure! And yet I was the only one brave enough to do so! :P

Frank Brown
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Sorry I had to miss it. Had eye appointments in Toowoomba today. Hope to be at the next one!

Regards,

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

Sorry I wasn’t able to make it in the end. The husband and kiddies have been sick, but yesterday morning seemed to be getting better. Yesterday later afternoon and evening it got worst again.

I haven’t caught anything yet, so here’s hoping that I stay healthy. I look forward to meeting you all at the next Queensland catch up.

wordmistress
    Up

Aww no problem Frank and Rachel! There’ll be the next one. I’d say 4 weeks from now, Thu 6th May. I’ll create a new post about it when confirmed. :)

Frank Brown
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    wordmistress, post: 33904 wrote:
    Aww no problem Frank and Rachel! There’ll be the next one. I’d say 4 weeks from now, Thu 6th May. I’ll create a new post about it when confirmed. :)Excellent Gina! So long as it isn’t the 12th – 16th of May, as I have my engagement party on the 15th and other little things on in relation to it. :)
    SewSpunky
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Looks like you all had a great time! Sadly my cling-ons make it difficult to attend civil ‘grown-up’ gatherings :( otherwise I would have been there with bells on!

Can’t wait for the days when I can interact with adults without needing to use my spell-checker again!

wordmistress
    Up

Frank, maybe we could arrange it so that the Flying Soloists crash your engagement party. Business is business, right? lol

Linda, would a night one suit you better some time? Leave kids with hubby?

wordmistress
    Up

Read about the May event here.

Invoke Results
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Thanks for organising today Gina,

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again on the 6th May.

SewSpunky
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Gina that’s lovely to offer to have a night-time catch up to cater for me thanks! I think though you are best sticking with what suits the majority. I’m currently about 387 months pregnant (or so it feels), and once I get over that I’m going to have a newborn doing the wanting to be fed all the time thing for a few months to get through.

I will keep an eye on the threads though, and hopefully down the track a little will be in a position to be able to join in :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.