Home Forums New here? Share your story Time to say hello.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CEZ19
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all,

First time ever joining this type of forum. I joined my fathers painting business 6 years ago and it all turned pear shaped. I left my good mortgage broking job to help him out as I felt guilty. As a consequence of poor choices, and me picking up his slack, I had gone bankrupt (thankfully now discharged) and back to square one. I have now two boys under 3 and want to start all over again. My father and I haven’t spoken in a year.

I’m not here asking what business to start by all means. I am here to get advice and get pointed in the right direction as to where to get ideas from. All the ideas or things I want to do cost alot or are already well taken.

I was once told that if you pick something, do it better than everyone else then you will succeed?

Look forward to getting to know you all..

Thanks

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Glad you see you here – there will be lots for you to read and advice when you want it.

I am sad you haven’t spoken to your father – I know it is none of my business but I am betting he would feel just as badly about the situation you both found your selves in and he was probably doing the best he could with the resources he had. maybe I am wrong but I think it is always a good idea to let bygones be bygones and repair relationships the best you can. You generally only get one dad, an your kids need a grandad.

Anyway please disregard that if you like, it is just one persons opinion.

Welcome :)

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221

Hi CEZ19,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully you’ll get some tips and inspiration from our site and others on the forum!

I’ll look forward to hearing more from you :)

Cheers,
    Lisa

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259

I hate to direct you to another forum, but it seems your more pressing issues are related to personal finance, more than entrepreneurship. I love reading this forum on reddit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.