Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Tips for a Stand at local Ag Show

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MattDell
    • Total posts: 52
    Up
    ::

Hi all
    My business sells (Elders) insurance to SME & Farm clients.
    We have a stall/display coming up at our local Ag show at the eom
    Does anyone have some good tips on what to do and show at our stall?

We have branded ‘show bags’ to give away with some lollies, colouring pictures, pens balloon and advertising stuff
    We run a competition to encourage likes on Facebook with a prize and a competition for a prize for those who get a quote

Whilst we want to appear generous and friendly with gifts for kids etc I am conscious of identifying our target market – farmers and businesses – and getting traction with those people as first priority

Does anyone have any tips to make us stand out from the crowd?
    Thanks heaps

defineguy
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Matt,
    … if your 2 key segments are farm and business owners gear everything you do towards them… YES they may have thier kids in tow…and if you have the show bags use them… but the kids arnt going to sign the check are they?……

Why do your prospective customers need insurance??
    What do you want to focus on?

Have an objective for the money you have invested….what 3 things do you want to acheive??
    Do you want to push your best selling policies to create a greater niche for your business…. or do you want to concentrate on an insurance policy that hasnt sold well to boost sales….

1.Set your objectives
    2.benchmark your objectives… (eg… you sold 12 policies last year…sell 20 this year, Created 50 leads last year… with 5 sales…. create 50 leads with 10 sales)
    3. Establish how your going to meet your objectives

Simply turning up might offer the chance to create some leads…… but Focussing all your marketing on one particular product may have more impact with your customers… and lead to more sales.

Create a very clear message based on what you want to sell… deliver that message through the physical stall, your marketing materials and your personal delivery… …. focus on one or 2 things and do them very well…. gear everything towards that product or service….

Eg..

if you want to focus on window breakage policies to local business…… have a large image of shattered glass as part of your display and fliers specific on that type of policy…. have branded t-shirts printed with shattered glass on the front …… if you have a larger budget get a false shop front built with shattered glass doors (vinyl stickers)….keep the message consistent …..stand out….and be different.

And next year give me a call a few months out and my team can develop a campaign to maximise your investment $$$.

Good Luck
    Jason

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    MattDell, post: 208213 wrote:
    Hi all
    My business sells (Elders) insurance to SME & Farm clients.
    We have a stall/display coming up at our local Ag show at the eom
    Does anyone have some good tips on what to do and show at our stall?

We have branded ‘show bags’ to give away with some lollies, colouring pictures, pens balloon and advertising stuff
    We run a competition to encourage likes on Facebook with a prize and a competition for a prize for those who get a quote

Whilst we want to appear generous and friendly with gifts for kids etc I am conscious of identifying our target market – farmers and businesses – and getting traction with those people as first priority

Does anyone have any tips to make us stand out from the crowd?
    Thanks heaps

Hi Matt,

What I’d do is this…

1) Hunt down the people who you’ve personally sold insurance to, and who’ve made successful claims. In other words these are people whose lives your company has actually made better. You saved their butt. [Extra points if they are locals and friends/acquaintances of your prospects.]

2) Get their testimonials, photos, and the story of how your insurance saved them big time.

3) Show these stories somehow at your stand (posters, slideshows, videos, handouts, or whatever). Not only do they prove the value of what you’re selling, but if they can relate to any of the “hazards” that triggered the claims (drought, mechanical failures, floods, …) then your product goes from abstract to relevant.

4) Use these “Matt saved me” stories in all of your marketing.

The real way to get your target customer’s attention is with a message that resonates, so spend your time here rather than on lollies and coloured pencils.

Good luck!

Dave

BenAtherton
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Use banners and signs to attract attention from afar. Insurance isn’t the most exciting topic and not what people generally are looking out for at a show.

Balloons and pens are great brand reminders but they dont tell anything about your product.

Hopefully you have some flyers/brochures in your kit as well but dont just expect people to read them.

You need to engage with those who approach you and reel in passers by. Strike up a conversation and then give them a little info on what you do and why it is important to them. Then hand them some further reading and give the kids a showbag before they go!

You want to be remembered and give the folks a reason to call you later on.

best of luck!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    MattDell, post: 208213 wrote:

Matt,

2 questions….

What is a like on facebook worth?

I have no idea about the answer to my next question, but from a small number of farming friends I have, they are not on facebook, not saying that the majority arent, but I know about 6, and none are. So is this the right avenue?? why not expand just beyond likes on facebook, and try to get email address’s, or other means of getting in front of them again.

MattDell
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Very surprised to have this topic in today’s newsletter
    Must have been the quality of all your answers – for which I thank you all
    Definitely made me think about what we wanted from our efforts and focus in a little
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.